Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why so darned expensive?? Help !!

Old 10-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Why so darned expensive?? Help !!

I shoot into my garage! I have a piece of3/8 rubber, witha few layers ofcarpet pad in front of it!! Not, the best in the world, but it does stop the arrows!!! I gotan old piece ofrubber for free from a conveyer belt place and the carpet pad was relatively cheap!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 01:03 PM

I agree with the Hay idea. That is what I do. I also have a very large dirt pile that was left over from building my house. Not sure if that is an option for you, but it works great for me. Good Luck!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:03 PM

well to be honest , at this point , I really like the last idea about hay bales and the wood with the lag bolts ( or all thread ). That is a take off of the earlier idea with the foam from home depot and the 2 x 4's. I could do the same with the hay bales and 2 x 4's and tighten the all thread down to increase the density and stop the arrows better.

This is why I ask you guys these type of questions. I can honestly say that there is no lack of ingenuity of the guys on this site, and you all have saved me a good bit of money no matter which way, of the three or four best I have to choose from, that I choose to go with.

Again, thanks.

Good luck and good hunting

Be safe

God bless

Old 10-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get a few haybails and stack them up. Then take some 2by4'sand make like a cage on the sides and back so when you shoot the haybails dont fall backwards. then maybe tie the bails upw ith a rope or something and yous hould have yourself a cheap target that will almost like forever!