Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who sits all day????

Old 10-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Who sits all day????

Can't do it. But if my dad and I know a big one is using the area sometimes we'll sit in shifts!
Old 10-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

If there is one thing that doesnt bother me too bad its sitting a long time. When the bucks are moving, I can't stand to leave my stand, I sit all day on the weekends or days I take off to hunt. I always put my tree lounge in one of my best doe travel routes. I hunt all day on other stands, but the loungeis by far my favorite to do an all day sit.

I dont hunt all day during the summer feeding phase or the post rut feeding phase...
Old 10-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I normally do not hunt all day long. I like to take an hour or 2 during mid-day to take a break, eat, and use the bathroom... and I don't mean just #1. Some things just have to be done.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:19 AM

All day from daylight to dark,no problem if im alone it makes it easier .I bought me one of them summitt galiaths climbing stand,and a big o backpack full of sandwiches and snickers,water and im there .Bring some hard candy and sunflower seeds.,magizines sometime.But im what you would call going to the extremes to get a good deer,, but thats what it takes to tag good deer year after year..Got to get after em..Hard..
Old 10-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

This buck was takin at 12:25 last year. I set all day every time i can

Old 10-27-2006, 11:54 AM

Just like gr22ly I shot my nice buck last year around 12:30 but I can admit one thing if I wouldn't have got that deer that day I probaly would have never sat another full day on a stand because the morning was good to me then it got slooooooooooow and I was bored and started thinking about food and warmth haha so it paid off but it was a fight to stay as long as I did! All day would just be nuts for me. I don't think I would mentally be able to do it. To those who a can I applaud you because staying all day is something I wish I could do. But I definitly need an hour or two and sometimes three to recover from a long sit before I stay for the evening.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:45 PM

True ohiohunter its a mental thing when you go to bed the night before the hunt you got to tell yourself your staying all day no matter what through slow times and the fast,i know its hard sometimes and just want to scream especially in the late season when the good ones are hidin out.But if a couple of my buddys have taken a good deer and rubbing it in , ill hunt like its opening day ,balls to the walls get out of my way im huntin.So give it a try you might just tag an old sad daddy.good luck..