Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

camo

Old 10-25-2006, 06:58 PM

Default camo

why is everyone against brands like realtree and mossy oak? isn't this just a personal preference....it cracks me up people are taking this personal.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: camo

there quote unquote create a blob effect which they do but they have been way more succesful over the years than any open pattern.Mossy oak and realtree work just fine
Old 10-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not too many people can against those brands when every picture in a magazine you see is wearing them.
I like a varetiy of patterens inculding those mentioned , I'll mix patterens up from forest floor to skyline and so on.
With so many patterens to choose from , its hard not to be a fool for fashon you just gotta have it.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:31 PM

I've used Army BDUs, Trebark, Mossy Oak, and Realtree. I've had plenty of close encouters with various kinds of wildlife, including deer and hogs. As long as you use it correctly and BE STILL, everything will be fine. Judging all the pictures that have been popping up for Enigma and such hasn't wolfskin.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use military BDU's for pants, and Advantage timber for my jacket. The reason you see a lot of the Enigma stuff is because many people are having good experiences with it. I personally believe as long as your camo matches the area you are in and you dont move, then you stand a chance at filling your tag. However I do like the open camo patter Predator, it looks a little more closed then Enigma, but more open then traditional camo.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:53 PM

I for one, was a Realtree guy for YEARS.....until I learned about camo and discovered the effectiveness of open patterns.I'm still not against them, shoot, I love watching the videos....But I prefer open patterns.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

I have my head to toe set of Walmart Real Tree HD and Ifeel cool when I wear it.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

When it is cold I use my green and black checkerdwool jacket and my trebark bibs. I have a lot of pics of my dad in his red and black checkerd wool paints and jacket holding some real nice bucks he shot. In a book i read called "Predator Calling with Gary Blair" he called in some coyotes and shot them with a shotgun wile wearing a santa suit.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a lot of camo, but I am convinced that I would have killed 95% of the deer I've killed with my work clothes on. Blue bib overalls, t-shirt, and wolverine boots.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:01 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll say it again......

If I could POMISE you you'd kill more and bigger deer wearing pink coveralls and a neon green hat........there's still people who would opt for the traditional camo.

Camo is MOSTLY for the huntER. I am and will ALWAYS be convinced of that.

Are some camo patterns better than others? Yes. I believe that, too. People scoff at me because I NEVER (to date) wear the same pattern pants/shirt(jacket). If I'm trying to break up my outline.....why would I????

Just my .02.........

Jeff

Quick Reply: camo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.