Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Knees Shaking

Old 10-25-2006, 06:56 PM

Default Knees Shaking

I don't know about ya'll, but when I see a deer coming my knees will start shaking like crazy. It doesn't matter doe, buck, or little button head. If the deer comes running up I'm fine until after the shot. Then they shake, but if I see one coming from a long way off, they will shake the tree. Just wondering if any of ya'll have this problem.

Chad
Old 10-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Knees Shaking

Not so much anymore on does or yearlings. However, when I see a big mature buck you better believe they do. Its called buck fever. When I shot my 11 point two weeks ago I didn't think I was gonna be able to climb down my tree I was shaking so bad.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:09 PM

Not really, I remember the first deer I took though, I was shaking like a leaf.

I don't know if it's a woman's advantage or not... we have to have nerves of steel to deal with the little ones I guess. I stay pretty calm when I have a deer come in, but I haven't had a trophy class animal in my sights yet either, probably a different story from that point.

It was hilarious my second year, because I was using a muzzleloader for the first time and my husband was sittin' in the buddy stand with me, lol, I could feel the stand shaking from HIS adrenaline rush, and the deer was in MY scope! He kept telling me Shoot! SHOOT! SHOOT!!!!! I just waited it out until I liked where he was at in location to me, and I hit him dead on. It was my a nice little 7 pt. I was perfectly calm, he was the one shaking!

My buddy shot his first this morning, first bow kill first deer, I made him sit down in his stand for 45 minutes before attempting to climb down, all he kept telling me was "I'm shaking" "I'm pumped" I was like, okay, sit down, relax, THEN go check your arrow! LOL I didn't want to walk over there to track only to find him laying on the ground under his stand!
Old 10-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

i shake so bad, im scared my portable will unatach from the tree
Old 10-25-2006, 07:13 PM

hey chad, i was thinking the same thing tonight in my treestand. I shake like crazy no matter what kind of deer. I wish i wouldn't do it so much, but then again, i dont think id trade that feeling for anything in the world.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Spike

I never shake 1 bit only because it seems to get real cold when a deer
shows up.ha ha ha .I once shook so hard on a doe she looked up and saw the leaves moving on a small branch next to me.When I draw my bow it all
goes away I think it is due to the tension in your body???
Old 10-25-2006, 07:45 PM

As soon as I decide that the deer I see is the deer I plan on shooting, I shake a bit.

I'm rock solid when I draw, but once that arrow is on its way, I shake bad.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir...I posted that problem about a week ago. I saw a small pig. I could not draw my bow back sitting down. The pig was less than 10 yds away and frozen stiff. I tried standing straight up with my bow in my hands. My darn knees and hands were shaking uncontrolable. When i stood I don't thnk she saw me but she walked off into thick ferns.

However..an hour later came and a hog twice th esize came and I had no shaking at all. She never presented a shot though. I was surprized about the shakes. I think the fear I had was not being able to get a shot off. and my fears came true.
c7
Old 10-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup happens to me.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Unfortunatly over time and kills the shacking subsides. Its still a rush and nothing will change that but I remember in my early years of bowhunting just what you are talking about. So don't fight it just breath deep and concentrate on your shot.

Quick Reply: Knees Shaking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.