Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Knees Shaking

Old 10-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Knees Shaking

Awesome feeling, isn't it!! Total adrenaline is what it is! I have learned to control the shakes over the years. Sometimes I still get them, after the shot, but they are rare.

I stuck a nice bear a couple years ago and immediately after I began shaking. I called my buddy on the radio and he met me at my stand 15 minutes later. I was a wreck...still shaking badly, teeth chattering...had to shorten my harness strap so I wouldnt fall out of the tree...seriously...best damn adrenaline rush I have ever had. I LIVE FOR THAT...I'm like a crack addict trying to recapture his original high...
Old 10-26-2006, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

I think that the circulation slows down in the extremities while you are in a stand, and so your limbs will cool down. When a deer approaches, and the adrenaline causes blood vessels to dilate, the flow of blood through your limbs will drop your core body temperature. You getthe shakes, and it'sjust aphysiological reaction to warm yourbodyback up. Now, why does this happen to me when it's warm???

-fsh
Old 10-26-2006, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

I have no problem with shaking unless it is a deer I'm going to shoot. I can sit and watch does underneath my stand, but when im going to shoot it, i shake like a leaf. I get this doubly bad when it is a buck, especially if its a big one
Old 10-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Oh yeah, Just look at my user name! If the deer sneaks up on me I'll be ok but like you said, when I see them from far off coming closer it almost becomes unbearable.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

Experience & age will settle down the shakes to some degree. I still get pumped when even a doe passes nearby. When the day comes i don't get a charge out of an approaching deer, its time to quit.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yup here to! Its about the only thing i have found in huntingthat i can`t really practice for.
I guess if could it wouldn`t be near as fun