Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

depressing.......but thats just hunting.....

Old 10-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: depressing.......but thats just hunting.....

bad part is i covered all the land that is huntable.....the rest of it is neighborhoods......
Old 10-26-2006, 06:38 PM

I'm sorry that you haven't found him, but what makes you sure that you hit him in the liver?
Old 10-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

because i watched the arrow hit him right where his liver is....apperantly i didnt hit him in the actual liver but it was right in that area.....but for only finding about 4 small drops of blood then no more blood trail for all i know the arrow got wedged between the ribs or soemthing...i guess this is my fault for not upgrading my bow like i should have...i wanted to squeeze one more season out of this one (set at 45 LBS) and i guess it just dosnt have the veolcity i need to be shooting expandables.......im definately retiring this outh model bow after this season and upgrading to like a hoyt trykon or something.....
Old 10-26-2006, 07:34 PM

Keep looking
Do not give up

on a side note, you are right, your bow probably doesn't have the KE to be shooting expandable broadheads
Old 10-27-2006, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: deerslayer270

depressing.......but thats just hunting...
BS, that is NOT hunting, its called being lazy and unprepared to finish what you started.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:30 AM

if you did hit the liver, then it should have let it bed over night....hit a doe last year, gave her 30 minutes and went to look...she had bedded 60 yards from where I shot just out of sight....i jumped her from the bed and almost did not recover her because from her bed she ran 200 yards without a drop of blood.....started grid searching and I found her.....
Old 10-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

well w ehad 8 prople including myself grid searching this land....he is in the residential neighborhoods and is no longer bleeding....track over.....
Old 10-27-2006, 04:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Sorry to here that. I was hoping for a pic. I wish you luck for the rest of the season.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

deerslayer,
Come on buddy....You can find him. I shot one in the liver 2 weeks ago and it went 100yds, little blood too, and it was raining. Maybe you pushed him a little.. The typical wait for a liver shot is 4 hrs.

Sit back, relax and give it your all...You'll find him
Old 10-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

we waited 24 hours before trying to really track him..we looked for a little blood that night and found some at the shot area. and the next day afterschool is when we started to really follow his trail....we literally followed the small blood drops up to the road, we found no more after that....none on the road, or anywhere on the other side of the road....we have no idea which way he went.....

Quick Reply: depressing.......but thats just hunting.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.