Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

would you shoot this deer?

Old 10-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default would you shoot this deer?

If you were walking to your stand in the early afternoon and walked up on a bedded deer, adoe,would you shoot it where it lays or some how let her get up and give her a sporting chance? How about a big 10point buck?

The doe, I'm positive I would give a sporting chance.Besides she might be injured or sick.
I'm not sure about the buck, notbeing a trophy hunter and all. It would actually have to happen for me to make a decision.

Who am I kidding, rock and fire!!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: would you shoot this deer?

if the deer is stupid enough to let me get into bow range without seeing or smelling me, it dersevs to die, cause its a failure to the real deer
Old 10-25-2006, 03:46 PM

I guess I don't see the difference in shooting a bedded deer over a grazing or roaming deer. If it will fill my freezer and I can pull off the shot in an ethical way, I'm takin' it. I don't care what it is, doe, buck, button, it's goin' down. If it's already down, well, less tracking for me!
Old 10-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

I once gave a deer a heads up whistle, when it was bedded! It jumped behind a tree and bolted straight away!! Never saw another deer the entire season!!!! Never again!!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

I would find a good angle and take the shot.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:43 PM

what is your hunting goals ? if you want some meat, shoot. if you're looking for a specific deer, don't. If you have only a buck tag, or doe tag, shoot accordingly. If your season just started and you want it to end soon, shoot. If you want it to last, don't shoot.

its not black and white, many people take to the woods with tags and all for different reasons

Me ? Depends on where I'm hunting and why. Friday - I'll shoot. Next weekend in KS, the doe I wouldn't, the buck would need to be 140" or bigger.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

spudrow.........its dead..no question
Old 10-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

if your good enough to sneak up on a bedded deer it HAD its sporting chance. the rest would be history. not like your ground pounding a pheasant or roost shooting turkeys..deer are very smart and can hear and smell you a mile away..if your good enough to sneak up on one i wouldnt look down on you for shooting! i been in the woods all my life and i dont think i can ever remember sneaking up on a bedded deer. came close..but they always get up. sometimes they will get up and look around..most the time they bolt.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trophy buck bedded and I had a clean shot? Yup in a second.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Once again........the ONLY way I don't shoot.....is if the deer agrees to surrender and take his/her own life. Otherwise.....I'm sending my arrow (If I want that particular deer).

Jeff

Quick Reply: would you shoot this deer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.