Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Massachusetts 8 Point (Pics)

Old 10-25-2006, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Massachusetts 8 Point (Pics)

Well, I finally scored last night on my biggest Massachusetts bow kill. I went and sat a stand that I have not sat yet this year behind a big swamp near a lime quarry. There was one fresh scrape and a loaded apple tree. I was in the pines which were getting dark quick. At about 5:55pm I heard something in the pine needles up ahead. I caught a glimpse of an ear and just figured it was a doe... Then it went to the scrape... scraped it and hit the licking branch. I could only see a bit of horn at his base because he was facing mebehind a big pine w/ some openings in it.He stood there for about 10 min w/out moving. Then he came towards the pine and saw that he was a decent buck by Mass standards. He turned broadside but wouldn't come out from behind a clump of branches. He stood there for another 5 min and every time I thought he was going to step out, he would raise his nose and smell... The wind was swirling and I'm sure he smelled me becuase I came in on my quad. He looked like he was going to turn and walk away the way he came... so if found a softball size hole and let one fly... I hit him hard and the hit looked good. He was about 20 yards away... I heard him run... stop... and then I heard him crash. I pulled out (shaking like a leaf) and went back to my inlaws house and got 3 buddies to come in to help me track just in case. We had no problem finding him. I thought he was bigger in the excitement of the tree... a little ground shrinkage took place. Like I said, he is no freak, but the biggest buck I have ever taken in Mass.
Here is a pic in the woods and another where we found him in the brook 60 yards from my stand.
http://i13.tinypic.com/29en3f9.jpg

http://i14.tinypic.com/40mcnmd.jpg
Old 10-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Massachusetts 8 Point

Congrats on the buck, can not wait to see the pics!
Old 10-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Massachusetts 8 Point

Way to go!!
Old 10-25-2006, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Massachusetts 8 Point (Pics)

Congratulations.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

WTG!! looks like you got a good shot on him too by the looks of the hole. Congrats!!
Old 10-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations! Don't ever talk down your trophies bro. He is a nice buck, and your biggest so that is totally awesome! Anyone who would say differently isn't worth their weight in natural fertilizer if you know what I am saying
Old 10-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

great work on the buck. You planning on putting him on the wall?
Old 10-25-2006, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys...
My brother in law is a taxidermist and has an extra form kicking around... so he said he'd do him up for me for nothing.
He is my biggest w/ the bow. I do have 1 8 on the wall I shot close to where I shot this one that I took w/ the muzzleloader in '03.
Awesome hunt though. Very intense... He looked like a P&Y coming through the woods! hehe

Old 10-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

western ma....heeze a big ol boy....hoorah
Old 10-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

perfect shot too...congrats

Quick Reply: Massachusetts 8 Point (Pics)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.