Yesterday I moved my stand to a new location along a rub line. I hunted it last night, bout 6:00 i had a huge buck come in and stop on the edge of the trail i used to move my stand several hours earlier in the pouring rain. he snorted at me and bounded off not in to..." />

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WIll he come back???

Old 10-23-2006, 11:42 AM
Spike

Default WIll he come back???

Yesterday I moved my stand to a new location along a rub line. I hunted it last night, bout 6:00 i had a huge buck come in and stop on the edge of the trail i used to move my stand several hours earlier in the pouring rain. he snorted at me and bounded off not in to much of a hurry. i think he smelt where i walked. thats not the way i accesed my stand...there are a lot of scrapes and rubs on this trail will he come back?? Ps there is tinks 69 out and tinks buck lure out
Old 10-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WIll he come back???

Yes he will be back at 6:40 on the 26th
Old 10-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

Sure he will, after dark.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is also a possibility that he spooked because of the Tinks. I have had a few deer in the past do that to me, not sure why, possibly the smell is too strong and seems unnatural. Also, wash your boots in some no-scent soap, ScentKiller stuff, or something along those lines.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

i would say yes he will come back but very cautiously
Old 10-23-2006, 01:55 PM

Yep he proably will comeback!
Old 10-23-2006, 02:58 PM

Do you wear rubber boots? If not, I would recommend them. I wear them and walk through every puddle and muddy area I can find to wash or cover my scent. Also, I have had the same problem with tinks out early in the season.....give it a little time
Old 10-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Get that tinks out of there, then you might have a shot. I hope you didn't pour that stuff directly on the ground.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

Nope, not only will he not come back but I think you scared him forever. You may not have only scared that deer but the others where you were hunting. Not only will you not see any deer but neither will any other hunter because of this.
I'm not tryin to be an arse but come on now....how many of these posts do you see a week? We weren't there to see this. You can say he smelled you, but did he really? Maybe he saw you? We can only imagine what happened. To determine a deer will come back or not is impossible. Sure, it could happen, I've had it happen to me and even killed the same deer. Will he come back? Maybe, but maybe it'll be when you're not there. But each circumstance is different and theres many variances to apply.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

It's hard to tell. I've had them come back and then I've had some which moved out of the area. Too many variables to give you a definite answer. But keep your fingers crossed and give that stand a break for a few days. Rut's comin and maybe a hot doe will help you out!

Quick Reply: WIll he come back???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.