Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Layering techniques to keep warm

Old 10-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Layering techniques to keep warm

After you've gotten all you clothes figured out, start thinking about food. Some good empty carbs can do the trick if the chill sets in. I like M&M's. Not only because I like chocolate, but the little candy shell helps keep the smell down. If I start getting cold I'll eat a couple of handfulls of them. It's like throwing a log on the fire! Try it!
Old 10-23-2006, 11:23 AM

Default RE: Layering techniques to keep warm

ok here is my perfected method of keeping warm in 20 degree weather even in the wind and sleet. 1200 gram rocky 12" boots over my merino wool knee high socks. fleece hood with the little window for your eyes. layer after layer of clothing starting with polypropoline long johns and ending with my insulated flannel shirt topped with my waterproof coat(my dad said once that if i fell over he was going to have to call smith hauling too have their crane come pick me up...LOL). and for the hands, those mitten gloves with the fingers and thumb that pop out when needed. (gotta have the thumb for the hammer)it gets cold sometimes in pa during rifle season........