Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can you beilieve this?

Old 10-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Can you beilieve this?

Well I drove to wear i hunt at and in the yard are two quads, I thought hmm ok no big deal. I walk in a completely differnt way so the deer wont pick up my scent. Right when I clear a sappling thicket guess what I see, my chair I sit in gon, and a pop up blind in its place. So while I wait for the guy to put his bow back down I walked over, asked to see his permission. He had it, the kid also took my chair and was sitting on it inside his freaking blind. So I was nice and asked if anyone else was hear as I was starring at the FLIPPING PILE OF CORN RIGHT INFRONT OF THE BLIND! And he said yes my buddy is in a tree stand over there. I asked if he had permission he said yes. So I went to another part of the woods/field. Needless to say the guy gaver permission to them and who knows who else. Without letting me know. I will now not hunter there for one they blew my chance on getting a deer. And two the guy was hunting over corn litterally within 10 feet of the blind and I am highly against hunting over bait. I will be back tomorrow to grab my chair and Im never gona ask to hunt there again.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Can you beilieve this?

Old 10-21-2006, 08:00 PM

i know the feeling. me and my buddy got permission to hunt some land. we went out there almost everyday before the season, puttin up stands and looking at the land. we made food plots. then about a week ago we figured outthat five other guys have permission to hunt there now. o well, we already killed a massive 10 pnt over there in bow season.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

ive never had that happen but that would suck
Old 10-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im pissed. I have no wear to hunt now.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:28 PM

Wow that sucks it must not be a very big place to hunt, hopefully you can find somewhere and get a good one good luck.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I feel your pain. I hunt a 65 acre area and I am the only one allowed there. Other hunters is not my problem though, its the land owner. He keeps driving up there in the evenings for something to do. He even drove right past me in my stand last night, waved and kept driving. I was so pissed off. This is my only place to hunt also.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Both bowhunting and rifle deer hunting i had that happen to me. Lastyear there was a guy standing on a rock within 20 feet of me and i asked him nicely to please leave and he did so later that morning i shot a 8 pointer. You just gotta keep trying to stick it out.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wont hunt there cause of the pile of corn now. Sorry just my ethics, I dont believe in baiting, let alone hunting over a pile of corn 10 yards away from a blind.