Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rain GRRRR!!!!!

Old 10-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rain GRRRR!!!!!

The rain is sure putting a damper on hunting here in the twin tiers of NY. Went out this morning and saw NOTHING!!!! I even went to a spot that I always see deer in the mornings and saw nothing. I was shocked!! Going back out in about a half hour back to where I started seeing deer a few evenings ago before all the rain. The creek is low now so I can cross. Lets hope Mr. Buck comes to see me this time and not a 100 yards away.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rain GRRRR!!!!!

dude! deer move in the rain, Ive shot some of best deer in the rain...
Old 10-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: muckland

dude! deer move in the rain, Ive shot some of best deer in the rain...
YUP, especially cold drizzling rain.My biggest was got in the rain.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some rain is good but not down-pours, they'll bed then.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well it had been raining pretty hard. I have to cross a creek to get to my hunting area and it was not crossable.
I went out this evening with no success. First off, as soon as I start walking across the field out jumps an 8 point, good sign, seeing deer all ready. Would have been down if I was carrying a gun but thats usually how it goes. Then it all went down hill from there. The land owner comes driving up in his Suzuki to cut wood, Oh wait it get better, he drives up behind where I'm at and cuts wood for about 3 minutes then starts to leave, I thinking good, its about an hour before dark so I should still be ok as he didn't drive over where the deer have been coming from, well I spoke to soon, her he comes driving right past me in my stand and waves and keeps driving. Then 10 minutes later I here someone yelling from the next property over YIPPEE!!!!! it sounded like he was sitting next to me. At that point the hunt was over. If there was a deer left over here it would of hand to be deaf. So I went in and got in my truck and went to see what the neighbor got and he got a small 6 point. What a day. It cant get worst, so I will try again in the morning.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

The rain was a pain!!! I didn't hunt in it. It was just massive downpours with strond wind. A shot would have been tough in the wind plus a blod trail in that rain, no thanks. But I have my meat already in the freezer. Least t didnt rain opening day like the last 3-4 years!