Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow hunting

Old 10-20-2006, 08:10 AM

Default bow hunting

i have been out 3 times this year {i am 13 i cant drive} the first time my dad dropped me off at a stand and he hunted somewere else i sat in a tree stand on the edge of some tree on the edge of a cane field{useuly corn but this year is cane} and my back to a river and to my right was a alfalfa field i did not see any deer while i was there so it was getting dark so i was walking back to our meeting spot i was a bonch of deer in the alfalfa field so then second time i went out i sat on my knees on the edge of the alfalfa then i saw a bunch a doed right awayi got one in range but is was looking right at me so i coudent pull back then it ran and then they all ran so the last time i was hunting i went with a friend and we sat in a diffren standon the very orner of the caneby the river he know how to radel and grunt so he did that we saw to does cross the river and a skunk and on the walk back to the truck we saw a little 4+4 baske rack so we snuck over a little hill and then we climbed down and snuck on the other side of it and started grunting and he just stood there at like 40-50 yard away then ran then i havent been back out
Old 10-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: bow hunting

Good job kid! Keep on learning and more importantly keep on hunting..........thats the only way you'll learn. Ask your dad for some help as well.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:17 AM

Sometimes success takes time. But keep at it, and keep practicing with your bow, so that when the opportunity comes along, you will be ready.

Good luck

Old 10-20-2006, 08:20 AM

Welcome to the board andbowhunting!

It's cool that you're seeing deer. Keep at it and it will pay off.

TXMM
Old 10-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds llike youre off on the right track. Keep up the good work. Theres alot to learn. And you seem to have the knowledge.