Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need advice ...

Old 10-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need advice ...

I've been busted a few times also. My advice would be to not use the same scents you used that day, in that location for a while and you could possibly see her again. And if you do... Kill her.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

I quickly grabbe my bow asnd nocked an arrow.
Nick an arrow when you get in the stand. One less thing to do if one starts coming in.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:50 AM

If you can try rotating your stand 180 deg were if she comes back she won't bee looking right at you. and see if you can go to your stand a differnt route I see from your pic if your coming in from the trail side then they might be pattering you movement so try and come in from the other side of the thicket.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks fellows,
Yes, Dave H had mentioned before about keeping an arrow nocked. I'm goin got my stand in 2 hours when I get out of the classroom. I'm not hanging any bow hook in the tree. I'll keep her on my lap. It really fits good in my Summit. I do appreciate the feedback. I've got a wheel barrow in my Explorer in case i get something. The trail is only about 100yds from my stand. I do plan to move it at the best shooting window near the beds.. Teh last 2 times I hunted I heard sticks breaking in that area.There are alos big hogs in the area.
C7
Old 10-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Well I went ahead with my plans. I'm glad I moved my stand. I stuck it in anice quiet cypress tree.. that over looks a crossroads deer trail and bedding area. When I left to walk across the field and back on the trail a deer from about 100yds snorted at me..pi shoooo . I must be gettin close. I'll be in my stand tomorrow. Last day .
C7