Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thankful

Old 10-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default Thankful

I was sitting in stand last night and for some reason I started to think about all the friends I have in Iraq and Afghanistan. Maybe it was because I know alot of them hunt and are missing it and maybe it weas because I'm so thankful to be here hunting deer and not people. I signed for the marine corp when I was 18 and should be in either of those 2 places or dead about now since I'm only 24. But unfortunately and fortunately I was in a car wreck and broke a vertebrate in my back, fractured one, and had a chip taken out of another one before I had could go to basic. I guess God has a funny way of telling you where you should be in life. I started thinking about how lucky and thankful I am to have all of these things. I started to think about what it would be like having some of these countries invading us and I started to laugh. Of course war is a nasty thing and I understand that, but just from being on this site I realized how many people are so passionate about hunting. Could you imagine someon coming over here and fighting? Of course there would be the invasion of cities or what have you but at some point in time they would have to cross some wooded areas and I started thinking about all of us. We would be up in tree's with our bows and rifles plinking these guys off in our camo without them even knowing what happened. So to everyone out there defending our country and our freedom, Thank You. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for giving me the chance to be out there doing what I enjoy and for all of your sacrifices.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:12 PM

Default RE: Thankful

Amen brother, and thank you for reminding me.

God Bless

Old 10-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

Well said snake, God bless each and every guy/gal serving our country, without them, lord only knows what our lives would be like here. Thoughts and prayers go out to our troops and there families.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

God Bless out Troops!!! We all are fortunate to be able to do what we do and love!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 09:51 PM

Thanks Snake. I've often wondered that same outcome. Be safe out there.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

How does that song go again, "Country Boy Will Survive". Something like that. lol.

Tom