Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many times have you hunted this year?

Old 10-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many times have you hunted this year?

ORIGINAL: heeze gutshot shortee

qzq38b...at least you got out there and brought a lil something home....preseason scouting...
Kill a Buck first time next year...Good Huntin 2 Ya
Thanks gutshot. Now the rest of my story....

I'm leaving Tuesday Oct 24 For a 6 day Hunt in Adams County Illinois on private land. They've been seeing some Monsters down there this summer. I'll be hunting all day for 6 straight days in bowhunting paradise. So I really can't complain too much. The best part is I'm taking my dad with me. It's his first out of state bowhunt. I hope he gets a nice buck.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

I've been out 12 times so far.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Our season started September 16th, and I counted yesterday, and I came up with around 17 times so far this year, with all of them being evening hunts.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:02 PM

I have hunted a lot this year already. And already have 2 good bucks down here in the south. week after nextI am going to s.c to hunt .
Old 10-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't been out nearly as much as I would like to have. I've been out about10 times so far, one full day and the rest half days. Most times I hunt the afternoons. This place I hunt only a half hour or so from my house (my other spots are further away) I have hunted 3 afternoons, but only saw one deer. The place is loaded with sign though, and the landowner is having a problem with deer eating his landscaping... I'm thinking I may see more if I hit that area in the morning, so thats what I plan to do tomorrow... My buddy who lives there was supposed to go with me, but he has some hot water heater troubles, he just called me to cancel. I may try to get out anyway, but if I dont I'll hunt with him in the afternoon again. I can't hunt Sundays in CT, thats where most of my spots are. One out of the 3 I've been to I've seen deer every time out, usually with at least one within range, but I've botched a couple shots so far (all does). I was going to go there today, but the forecast was for very high winds, so I figure I'll take an afternoon off of work and give it a shot during the week. To take the edge off of not hunting today, I got my slug gun and ML zeroed in, I'm a happy camper with those results PLUSThere are Turkey Tracks all over the rifle range! This spring could get interesting
Old 10-21-2006, 08:31 PM

32 times and 4 deer
Old 10-22-2006, 01:09 AM
Fork Horn

Our season started on 10/14 I went out on the 16th and shot a doe which I snuck up on after being in the woods for 10 mins.I have not bow hunted since 1996 so i was a bit quick on the trigger. I went out 2 days ago and we had a heavy downpour and 40 mph gust of winds therefore I only hunted for 2 hours.Yesterday was windy with gust up to 30mph but I saw 3 deer so I was happy. as you can tell I am going out this am. So i guess this makes 4 times.