Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many times have you hunted this year?

Old 10-19-2006, 07:55 PM

Default RE: How many times have you hunted this year?

Only been three times. Season opened up for us only last Saturday.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tkycaller

Started Sep. 30th.
Been out everyday but one.
Mostly evenings during the week. Mornings and evenings on Sat. No Sun. hunting in Pa.
Deer sightings 3. No bucks.
Killed one doe.
Now that is dedication. It's tough going out every day when you don't see alot of deer. My first two years were like that. I think you really appreciate seeing deer when you don't see many. Some guys go out and see 10 or 15 every time. They don't know how lucky they are to have access to such areas. I hope you get a nice one.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm only kidding. I've been on what I call practice hunts around my house. I don't expect to kill anything just work out the kinks. I went yesterday evening and this morning for real hunts. Didn't see too much yesterday except for a few hikes and horse back riders. This morning saw a few does a fox and a few hikers. I should mention a whole bunch of stinking squirrels on both hunts. It's still early. In two weeks, I will get serious.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

have a sept. 15th opener. I have gone out a total of about 15 days and have 4 deer down 3 does and a 6 pointer.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have about 40 hours in now. I only get to hunt weekends except for the first Mon, and Tues in Oct, and my vacation planned for 11/4 to 11/12.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the encouragment. Every year the same old story. Nothing shows till about the week of Halloween!!! Then buisness picks up.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:28 PM

Pretty well every day but sundays. I run a turkey farm so I get up around 3:30 to work a little then I go to the wood till from about 6:00 till 9:00 and go back out around 3:00. Still no luck so far but I've sure seen alot of deer just nothing in range!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:34 PM

Quite a few I've been out every weekend but 2. I get out a couple evenings each week. I got one doe to show for it but a lot of good ole time out in the woods.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've hunted on 8 days since the season opened,with a total of 47.5 hrs. Two days I hunted both morning and evening, and the rest half days, some morn and some evening. Mostly evenings though.
So far I've gotten one doe, seen a total of only 8 deer, 2 were bucks though. One 6pt, let him go, one 8pt, no shot. Still, the rut is ahead of usand I can't wait!!!

Old 10-19-2006, 09:18 PM

Was out opening weekend, October 1st and then both days this last weekend. Might go out this weekend.

Boy I was thinking I was the only person with a full schedule. I work first shift, my wife works second shift and we have 3 girls: 10, 3, 2.

Quick Reply: How many times have you hunted this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.