Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats the best broadhead????

Old 10-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats the best broadhead????

Whats the best broadhead? Whats the best bow? best arrow? best truck? I have learned people on here say what they shoot, and stick by it. For them it is probably the best or the best thay can do.

I personally shoot a mathews with a G5 montec tipped goldtip arrow and drive a chevy. I can't really comment on the montec because I have not shot a deer with one yet. I have hit one, it blew through her, but I made a bad shot and it wasn't the broadheads fault. While practicing with them their accuracy is good and I hear good things about their penetration. BTW it is a 3 blade.

I used to shoot Sattelite broadheads, but did not like the accuracy or penetration. My dad still shoots the same heads with his recurve and loves them. Just a preference for the shooter. Try some out and pick one out.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats the best broadhead????

ORIGINAL: tazman7

I was told by the guy at my pro shop to shoot the Spitfire XP Pro 100's- they are an expandable blade with 1 1/2" cutting diameter-

Another guy I know uses them and he shot 4 animals on an African trip and multiple deer last year- A couple of the deer he shot in the shoulder blade and it blew completely through both shoulders. He was impressed so I am trying them out. Plus unlike Muzzy's you dont have to resight your bow- these shoot exactly like a filed point which is nice-

I got Muzzy 100's before these- after the first shot into a target (which I almost missed because they dont fly right) two of the blades were bent so much I had to throw them in the garbage- wouldnt give you a nickle for muzzy's. Thats just my $0.02
I guess your pro-shop guess is an absolute genius. I would believe every word that he says.

First off, The XP Pro Series Spitfires are a great broadhead (if) you have enough KE to blow thru a deer. Second, it isn't legal in all areas to hunt with Expandables. I have shot 3 deer (all last year) with that head and they were great heads. I have nothing against them.

If Muzzys aren't flying right out of your bow, your "pro-shop" guy did NOT set your bow up properly. All broadheads (no matter what make) should fly like your fieldpoints, or dang close. I'd say you have a serious tuning error somewhere. If you are missing the target with fixed heads I would seriously start working on form issues, and tuning.....