Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got a 7 point, but

Old 10-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default Got a 7 point, but

Went out sunday night, day 2 Southern tier in N.Y. Had a small spike come in around 5 o'clock p.m., he hung around this cut corn field for about 45 min. so i messed with him a little with the grunt calland let him go about his business. 6 o'clock roll's around and i here snapping and leave's rustling, turn around and see a big doe running. 15 seconds later i hear a ton of grunting coming from where she came from, and turn to see this 7 point trailing the heck out of here. So i hit the old True Talker and he stops and she continue's out of site. He starts tearing up the ground and trees and is grunting at me like a mad man, so i keep grunting back and he makes a half circle around me grunting and tearing anything in his way to heck. He steps into a open lane and i let him have it, double lung and i watch him go down at 70 yards. 2 min later i hear snapping once again from the direction the doe ran off. I turn, watch, and what do i see [:@]a 12 point buck coming to see what all the comotion was. So i messed with him with the grunt to see if i could have even gotten him in range and he came in to 30 yards but only behind thick cover. So rather than let him realize i was there i let him wander away out of site. There was only a few minutes of light left by then anyways, so i figured i would, let him go and set my brother up today and camcord, and hopefully he will be back.

Not to confuse everyone, I am very proud of the deer i had gotten. It was my best shot ever with the bow. Just funny how things happen sometimes lol.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Got a 7 point, but

Good job on the 7pt. Hey these things happen. Maybe your brother will get a shot at him. Good luck to him.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like a great day in the woods. I wouldn't be too upset about that.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a great time regardless congrats man. Wheres the pics!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats. You just never know what will happen next while you are hunting. Got any picts?
Old 10-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

trying to upload, but first says its to big, then it it lets me but says there was an error trying to figure this out lol.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like a great hunt! Wow, a 12 point? That would be awesome to watch him coming in to see what's going on!
Old 10-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

k

Old 10-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

and
Old 10-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know a hunter alive who wouldn't wanna cry if that happened

Quick Reply: Got a 7 point, but

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.