Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SlickTrick No Reply

Old 10-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default SlickTrick No Reply

Hey Guys,
I know many people here love the SlickTrick Broadheads so I figured I would try them out. About 12 days ago I sent a check to slick trick to order the 100gr magnums (they were in stock) and the site says that they can have the heads at your door within 7 daysof your order. When I checked the site yesterday it says they are sold out. I have yet to hear a word from Slick Trick and they have not responded to my email. What gives??? Anyone else have problems in dealing with them?

Jim
Old 10-18-2006, 09:51 AM

Default RE: SlickTrick No Reply

Give em a couple more days. It took about 2 weeks for mine to show up.
So far, I'm glad I waited for them, just waitin now to give em a "real" test.

Also, I don't believe for 1 second that Gary will screw you over.

Good Luck!
Old 10-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I ordered 125s and got them within a week. I know they have been really moving the 100s so it is very possible that when you sent your money,they werein, and by the time the check arrived they were out. Sorry for your bad luck, but I don't think they are intentionally ignoring you. Hopefully they come in soon!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 09:57 AM

I wonder how many broadheads he will be stocking up after season is over? Sounds like he is going to have an avalanche of customers again next season. I am sure he will be prepared, plus, trying to get the blades in the country screwed him up as well.

I will probably order mine sometime after season. The Muzzy's are going out with me this year.

I can't wait to try out the Slick Tricks though.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Dominant Buck

They could have easily run low if a big outfit orders a bunch. I've found that most manufacturers will get back to you, but it takes a few days for them to sort through all the emails and reply. They must receive thousands of them.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

It seems everyone is having trouble ordering and recieving the heads from slick trick. At first I wanted to try them. However, there are to many other good heads to choose from without having to go throughall the BS of having to wait on slick trick. Go to your local archery shop and pick another quality head. There are tons out there. Just my two cents.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

Are these SlickTricks that much better than anything else out there on the market? They look like the Muzzy MX-4's to me....
Old 10-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Are these SlickTricks that much better than anything else out there on the market? They look like the Muzzy MX-4's to me....
Yes they are.

Actually the Muzzy MX-4 looks like a slick trick. It is almost an exact copy of the slick trick but in Muzzy form. The slick trick is about 5 years ahead of the Muzzy.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Yes they are.

Actually the Muzzy MX-4 looks like a slick trick. It is almost an exact copy of the slick trick but in Muzzy form. The slick trick is about 5 years ahead of the Muzzy.
Theslick trick blades are much thicker than the mx-4's (.035" vs .025"). And the tip doesn't screw off on a slick trick - the ferrule is all one piece. Also, the mx-4's have longer blades which mean they catch more wind and plane a little more. They are not quite as durable or accurate as slick tricks. MX-4's are still a very good broadhead though. The fact that muzzy's are available anywhere also means alot.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

No broadhead is that much surperior to another when you talk about the top of the line heads. I don't blame anyone for ordering what they want and all, but the slick tricks were out of stock for a long time. Way up into season before they started shipping for most people. With that going on I saw people bidding $60-70 for a pack of three on ebay. That is stupid in my opinion. No way these heads are better then the other top of the line fixed blade heads like Muzzy, Wasp, and Thunderhead. There are so many options out there, why wait on a particular head when you can use something that's just as good and just as high in quality?

I know I'll probaly be flamed worse then the guy that shot across the fence by all the slick trick fanatics, but I really could careless. I shoot a lot of differnt mechanical heads, and they all perform pretty much the same...and do the same job. I'm sure you can kill a deer with a muzzy/thunderhead/wasp broadhead off the shelf from a archery shop or wally world just the same as the slick tricks that are backordered and not readily available.

Quick Reply: SlickTrick No Reply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.