Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SlickTrick No Reply

Old 10-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: SlickTrick No Reply

ORIGINAL: HighCountry_BruteForce

No broadhead is that much surperior to another when you talk about the top of the line heads. I don't blame anyone for ordering what they want and all, but the slick tricks were out of stock for a long time. Way up into season before they started shipping for most people. With that going on I saw people bidding $60-70 for a pack of three on ebay. That is stupid in my opinion. No way these heads are better then the other top of the line fixed blade heads like Muzzy, Wasp, and Thunderhead. There are so many options out there, why wait on a particular head when you can use something that's just as good and just as high in quality?
I've never shot them personally so I wouldn't know for sure. But I couldn't agree more
Old 10-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Dominant Buck

I hate to bust your bubbles, but there are far better heads out there than the slick tricks.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:35 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I hate to bust your bubbles, but there are far better heads out there than the slick tricks.
Not trying to start a war, just purely an educational questions since I do not own Slick Trick broadheads. Could youname some better fixed blade broadheads? And what have you seen out of them that impressed you moreso than the Slick Tricks? Durability, quality, blade sharpness, flight pattern, etc?

The only reason I ask is for the simple pleasure of trying out new broadheads. I have been impressed with what I have seenout ofthe Slick Tricks and am always considering new options.

I will be hunting with both the original 3 blade Muzzy 100's and maybe some Muzzy MX-4's. Any other suggestions for next season?

Old 10-19-2006, 05:11 AM

oooh, i'd like to know also, what heads are that much better and why?

Old 10-20-2006, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

Guys!
My Slick Tricks came yesterday! These things look sweet. Only thing is my spare blades didnt come?????

Jim
Old 10-20-2006, 11:06 PM

Neck, I apologize for the emails. Puter guy just figured out that the website host sold, and for some reason they messed up my emails and I wasn't getting some of them. Supposed to be straight now, we'll see, hope so. No telling how many guys are P O ed about it, I have all the luck. Always answer all emails, usually within a day except for weekends sometimes. And if shipping shorted you on the order, just email and I will take care of you. Lets pray I get it.

As far as supply, I agree that if you can't get them you gotta find another head, you can't just throw rocks at stuff. But if somebody likes a product I don't see anything wrong with wanting it. Give somebody their choice of any bow on the market, and guys will choose one. Tell them to forget about that one and flip a coin and buy something else cause they are all as goodand they won't go for that.

I went to Solingen Germany for the best blades I could find, with a large old reputable company that assured me they would have zillions of blades to me in May. Some problem with steel or equipment, still not sure, but finally got out some Mags although they are scarved up at the present, supposed to get more shipping in 10 days, IF they told me right. Have plenty of 100 and 125 Standards in stock. Still waiting for 85s, sadly I think it will possibly another couple weeks. Delivery has been rough, info on shipping unreliable. Just toughing out this year, making plans to fly over there shortly and straighten it out so we won't worry everybody with backorders next year.

I'm withdavidmil, Ihate that he burst all the bubbles too. But it would be interesting to hear how he determined that there are far better heads out there.I was under the impression he had never shot one at an animal. Maybe not shot one at all???

He alwayscomplained about sharpness, now that they are certainly sharp enough for anybodyI expected him to post his approval. Instead, more negativity. Its funny how some guys get you in their sights for some unknown reason, and chip away everychance they get. Human nature is a mystery sometimes.

For the guys who like Tricks don't worry about them, they aren't shooting them because of a massive advertising campaign, or because I'm rich or good looking, which I'm not both. Cherish what you shoot and don't let what somebody else shoots bother you. Wasted energy better spent hunting.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:45 AM
Typical Buck

Oldowl,
Thanks for jumping on the forum and replying. I must say I am impressed with my first glance at these broadheads! The biggest issue as noted before is putting them on with out cutting your fingers off. Anyway you should maybe look into supplying a broadhead wrench with them as well. Shipping did short me a set of replacement blades for my magnums. I ll shoot you an email later on.....
As for now I am about to shower up and hit the woods in hope of drawing blood with these MFer's!!!! Gona be windytoday boy, so I just hope to see deer.

Thanks again for the reply

Jim
Old 10-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

What say you Mr Mill? What is better and why? The suspense is a little overwhelming.