Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
To keep up with changing technologies
31.11%
Because I just want to, I like new things
60.00%
to get rid of my old one while it is still worth something
8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Why do you buy a new bow?

Old 10-18-2006, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Why do you buy a new bow?

My old bow killed too many critters and had to be retired.

Actually, I shot a friends 'brand x' bow a couple years ago and fell in love with it. My old bow was longer and weighed a ton. One day the wife asked if I wanted a new bow, and knowing that it makes her happy when she buys me a nice gift, I said sure.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll replace my bow only when the one I'm using is damaged to a point where it can't be repaired. My last hunting bow, an Oregon, lasted 15 years before one limb began to delaminate. Had Oregon Bow Co.not folded, I would still be shooting the same bow. A good reason to buy a bowwitha lifetime warranty from a manufacturer that will still be in businessshouldyou have problems.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Where's the button for "Cuz The Mods Pushed it so hard I felt compelled to be with the in Crowd"! I type this as I sit in my engima underwear.

Old 10-18-2006, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't bought a new bow in the last two years...I really like my Mathews Outback. I probably would get a new to keep up with the new technologies.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

I put to keep up with technology. My old bow was loud, heavy, slow, and not exactly pretty, but it killed deer just fine. A beginner bow that I bought 8 years ago for around $300.
The new Reflex I just bought for around $400 is a much better shooting and handling bow than what I had. Lighter, faster, quieter, and definately better looking.....hmmmm. Maybe I should think about these characteristics in a new WIFE!
Brian
Old 10-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually buy 1-2 a year-all recurves and longbows.So far this year I picked up 4 custom bows-3 longbows and a recurve.I buy them 'cause I like them and want to shoot them.Every year or so I'll sell 1 or 2 to make room for something else.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

There wasn't an option for my case...

*** My old bow broke, so I had to get a new one! [&:]

Yup, true story... I had an old classic PSE Edge 1000C (cousin of the legendary Thunderflite), round wheel dual cam style bow. Right there at full draw {Ka-POW!} the bow string breaks at the tear drop cable,the string whips around my wrist, the arrow rest got all messed up, and worse- the upper limb or limb pocket/riser got a slight twist!

Thank God I wasn't hurt, except for a slight whip mark around my wrist from the bow string!

So, I donated the parts/pieces to a bow shop, in case they needed anything, and then bought the new Reflex Highlander.

Butch A.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I lost all faith in my old bow, and the new Hoyt Trykon is just a badaarse bow.