Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes - It's poaching.
95.90%
No. It's perfectly acceptable.
4.10%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Is shooting a deer across the fence without permission considered "poaching"?

Old 10-18-2006, 06:50 AM

Default RE: Is shooting a deer across the fence without permission considered "poaching"?

I prefer to climb over the fence before poaching on someone else's property. I don't want that damn fence interfering with my arrow[8D]. Just kidding for those of you who wear their panties too tight
Old 10-18-2006, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is shooting a deer across the fence without permission considered "poaching"?

I've been dealing with this problem for years at our farm. I finally started taking their stands down for themand putting a note on them with a copy of the Ohio hunting regualtions stating that they are poaching and I will prosecute. I hate, hate, hate poachers.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

I didn't vote. The law varies from state to state. In most states it would be poaching. Here it is not. In NH it is not required to get landowner permission to hunt another persons land unless the land is posted. Even though it isn't required, I still ask for courtesy's sake. Landowners get a tax break for keeping their land open to fishing, hunting, hiking, nature observation, etc.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

A second thread about this moron? Come on, he's getting way more attention than he deserves. Read the rest of his posts then just call him out as the reckless, tresspassing, poaching jack a$$ he is.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shouldn't shot onto anothers property...
Old 10-18-2006, 08:58 AM

NAW MAN THE WIRE MAKES A GREAT PROP ,STEADY REST,,HA HA JUST KIDDIN TOO GUYS ,BUT THAT WAS SOME FUNNY SH.. TURTLESHELL
Old 10-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think nohillbilly said it all!!