Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Am I getting to HIGH?

Old 10-17-2006, 10:15 AM

Default Am I getting to HIGH?

I need help! I pratice with feild pionts from the ground and from the roof of my porch (approx 10' to 12'). Everything is dead on at 20 yards. I notice when I am on the roof shooting at 10 yards is a couple inches high.

When I'm in my climber I climb to 18'-20'. All my shots are going over the backs of the deer I'm shooting at. What the hell is going on? Can a few more feet in height make that big a difference?

I use fixed blade broadheads and a regular 4pin sight. HELP!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Am I getting to HIGH?

Are you bending at the waist, drawing level and bending? If not, your changing your form and angle of sight. To have your pins dead on the same as level ground your form needs to stay the same, redundant when shooting down or up for that matter. You always need to draw level, bend at the waist keeping true form then put your pin on the mark.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

how much weight are you pulling back?
Old 10-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Rob hit it right there. I would suggest praticing the same as you hunt. same cloths and if possible the same stand. You also may be peeking a little. Make sure you have a goodfollow through. But as Rob said "form". You have to have good form, the rest will follow
Old 10-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

AIM LOW!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:39 AM

Rob & Soap,

I'll have to check on the bending at the waist? I can't say whether I am or not. My draw is 60lbs. What frustrates me so much is that my setup hasn't changed at all. Last year I didn't have this problem but this year I can't hit anything.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

60 lbs shouldent make the arrow hit any diff. from a tree stand, my weight is at 56 and it shoots the exact same from a stand as it does on the ground. I know when i first shot from a stand i shot diffrent until i got used to it, just practice shooting at targets from your stand, and if you keep hitting diffrently, adjust it to your stand shot.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

I would recommend not smoking before you hunt..Sorry couldn't resist.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

hasnt effected my hunting one biot supprisingly.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:52 AM

Make sure that when you draw back that you are anchoring at the same point. I noticed I was hitting high (first buck was spine shot) and realized that I need to draw my bow straight back (like I was shooting a squirrel out the tree 10 feet away), anchor, look through my peep and then bend at the waist to shoot. Since then, I have no had a problem

Quick Reply: Am I getting to HIGH?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.