Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyote's ate good

Old 10-18-2006, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coyote's ate good

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: PastorHunter

Let me add, I agree that it was poaching, and any bowhunter that takes a "60 yard" shot needs his bow taken away.
That's just slinging an arrow into the air and hoping it hits something.
It would have to be perfect conditions for me to take a 40 yard shot.
I live in Indiana and we have the same open land.
That's why we hunt the tree belts, and I've never taken a shot past about 25 yards.
Never needed to.
[/blockquote]

These broad statements about shot distance are insane. I wouldn't take a 60 yard shot, but that doesn't mean that no one should. There are plenty of archers out there who would take and make a 60 yard shot all day. Saying that its wrong to take a 60 yard shot is insane. And Joel you were poaching and it sounds to me judging by what you've posted on this thread alone that you are an idiot

You should read the whole thread, Pastorhunter clarified his comments nicely shortly after. But I guess you just wanted to jump in and call someone insane...

And for the few comments about this guy being from NJ (kenVT?) if you think people from NJ share the ethics of a guy like Joel then you are right in his class. I live in NJ and have killed over 40 deer and managed not to poach any of them!
Old 10-18-2006, 11:59 AM

[:@][:@][:@]
Being from the dead center of illinois, you are full of it! There is no such understanding. I have more than one stand on property lines and on more than one occasion has a trophy or mature deer walked on the wrong side of the "fence." The ethical/legal thing to do is absolutely nothing. You say to yourself maybe tommorow that 200+ class 14 pt buck will take my trail.

If you want to tell yourself that it is okay to shoot over the line, then you are one of the few that ruins hunting for the majority of others. BTW in christian county illinois if you shoot over the line w/o permission and get caught the land owner can charge you with poaching and criminal tresspassing
Old 10-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Joel V - YOU ARE A FOOL!!!

YOU are the reason why bowhunters have a bad reputation!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

And going...........
Old 10-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't take a 60 yard shot, but that doesn't mean that no one should. There are plenty of archers out there who would take and make a 60 yard shot all day. Saying that its wrong to take a 60 yard shot is insane.
It's wrong.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great posts by all! Good to see some ethics here.

I went to NJ once, I didn't like it, and now I know why...

Joel V,
Please, learn to hunt, and learn to write. If you should choose not to, post your address, I'll gladly send you some condoms.