Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyote's ate good

Old 10-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Coyote's ate good

You know the old saying about a man's home is his castle. Well I got to tell you, it's moreso with farmers and a lot of old time landowners. In many cases they're hanging on to a family tract only through sheer tenacity, hard work and long hours. Oh sure they could sell it for a bunch of money, but that's not their life. They love the land. It's got a lot more to it than a couple deer running around to them. It's theirs. Just like the money in your pocket is yours...it's yours. Don't go pushing the guy around and trying to put your hand in his wallet. It means a lot more to him than money and he's liable to break your arm.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

Old 10-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

Maybe this could have been a good oppurtunity to show them how to prperly track a wounded animal. If you would have taken the time to show them how to track a deer and answer their questions, it may have helped them grow as hunters and become more successful in the field. Whether we are 5, 15, 20, or 50 years old, we all have to start sometime. No one is born a good hunter, they pick up on things as they hunt and gain a learning experience from every outing and other hunters that aid them with advice and help. These guys might be trying to pick up the sport b/c they didn't have a family that could teach them while they were growing up, like many of us were fortunate enough to have. IMO, you handled this situation very poorly, and showed a lack of class. This was a bad, bad example of how a true outdoorsman would conduct himself in such a situation.

BTW, what you did was Poach, no two ways about it. I don't care what state, county, town, or community you are apart of. If a lady wants someone to watch her property for trespassers, you do not have permission to hunt her property, and you shoot an animal while it is on her property, that IS poaching.

Trent
Old 10-17-2006, 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Popcorn... Peanuts... cold beer here.
Ha..That is exactly right. The post grows about as fast as you can read it too. This guy is an ass. is he on the east coast as he mentioned or in Ill as he mentioned also?
Old 10-17-2006, 09:28 PM

I call troll...no one even in Jersey can be this dumb...11 posts to his name..come on fellas with this post let it die
Old 10-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

Personally I like how he uses the wrong form of all words and misspells every other word. He makes the rest of us respectful, well rounded hunters, sound like hillbillies! It is people like this that give us hunters bad reputations![:@]
Old 10-18-2006, 06:23 AM

ORIGINAL: PastorHunter

Let me add, I agree that it was poaching, and any bowhunter that takes a "60 yard" shot needs his bow taken away.
That's just slinging an arrow into the air and hoping it hits something.
It would have to be perfect conditions for me to take a 40 yard shot.
I live in Indiana and we have the same open land.
That's why we hunt the tree belts, and I've never taken a shot past about 25 yards.
Never needed to.
These broad statements about shot distance are insane. I wouldn't take a 60 yard shot, but that doesn't mean that no one should. There are plenty of archers out there who would take and make a 60 yard shot all day. Saying that its wrong to take a 60 yard shot is insane. And Joel you were poaching and it sounds to me judging by what you've posted on this thread alone that you are an idiot
Old 10-18-2006, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do hope this is the last reply: GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!!!!![:@][:@]
Old 10-18-2006, 06:42 AM

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

I think he meant to post on "Dumbasspoaching.net". Simple mistake.
That's funny as HELL!
Old 10-18-2006, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

And it just keeps going.........

Quick Reply: Coyote's ate good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.