Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyote's ate good

Old 10-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coyote's ate good

SteveO - for me it's not about not finding a deer, that is part of hunting sometimes. For me it was shooting over property lines that he didn't have permission to hunt, then trespassing to find the deer. The very first deer I ever shot witha bow, I tracked her for 6.5 hours, man I wanted her. I eventually found her, but was so hopelessly lost that if a car hadn't blown the horn I probably would still be there. It's about the respect that that animal deserves, in putting in the effort to find it, in doing everything you can to find and honor that deer. Don't beat yourself up, it has happened to some of the best. It's how we learn better shot placement and tracking skills.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was wondering how a simple titled thread had this many posts already.
I'm going to refrain from comment cause in PA people just roam all over the place when land doesn't have posted signs on it. Right or wrong it is quite common.

Also one more thing to add...it's not cool to post some one's PM for the board to see. That's why its Private message.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know where in western Pa you are but I grew up in Washington, PA and hunted about every county around it, from Greene to Westmoreland, Beaver to Allegheny. we didn't cross borders we didn't have permission not to. If we had to, we got permission first.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just went and reviewed some of this guys other posts on here.

Kind of interesting material.....This appears to be a common thing with him and his buddies.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1285910&mpage=1&key=?
Old 10-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nctaxi

I don't know where in western Pa you are but I grew up in Washington, PA and hunted about every county around it, from Greene to Westmoreland, Beaver to Allegheny. we didn't cross borders we didn't have permission not to. If we had to, we got permission first.
You didn't hunt around Burgettstown did you? I've seen people put on drives on property they shouldn't have evenbeen on.

And Rammer I'm glad you read his other posts. Can you say A$$ Clown?
Old 10-17-2006, 12:56 PM

rybohunter,

Pardon me if I broke decorum in posting his PM to me, which I neither asked for nor wanted. I have not done that before, and I do not ever expect to do it again, but it was to me. I did consider the implications, and if by my posting that I have offended others or broken a silent trust, I am truly sorry. But this was an isolated instance when I personally felt it served the common good. And again, I did not ask him to PM me.

God BLESS

Old 10-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

MIchealT,
don't worry about it, I was just giving a heads up.

As far as people roaming in PA, I've had so many guys take me hunting and I ask how do you know the landowner? They look at me like I have 3 heads and say, its open land everyone hunts it. I have a little chunk of the woods behind my house....when I first moved in I about freaked out. There were more people out for walks, hunting, roaming around my woods than I had ever seen. My neighbor would tell me to just go back and hunt where ever I wanted even though I only own like a tenth of the chunk(and he didn't own the rest). I've hunted allegheny, armstrong and indiana. I'm telling you, if it wasn't posted it was a free for all.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:15 PM

TY rybohunter

Old 10-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

ORIGINAL: Joel V

Okay, what everybody is not understanding is. I live in a small comuinuity where everybody is free to roam. I've lived on the East coast (NJ) and I know what everyone isthinking.Shooting a deer over someones fencerow where I live is not a big deal andno way is itpoaching. I'll get a thankyou most of time for taking a deer, that is not eating there crops. With a big thumbs upfor coyote's.

The guys in question were young20 somethings, mad cause I was sucessfull and they weren't. With it being there first timebow hunting witch they told me. Most likely they where out of towners.

Sorry everyone's mad but thats the facts in mid/Ill. Come on out and I'll show ya. And I didn't take a 60 yard shot it was 40 yrds. Seen thecarcass you could see the arrow wound. Even after the coyotes.
If everyone is free to roam, ( 1 ) the land owners would not have people reported to DNR ( 2 ) people would not have to get little old ladies permission, ( 3 ) you would not NOW be seeking the landowners permission.

( 4 ) I am not on the East Coast, I am in Arkansas, and it is poaching down here too.

( 5 ) The guys ages areirrevelant. They still acted more mature and appropriately than you. And You being such a seasoned veteran ( as opposed to their first time ) should knowmore about hunting laws and ethicsthan they do.

( 6 ) Just because the people don't hold you to the letter of the law ( when it concerns their own property ( as you say about your community ) , does not mean the laws dont apply or are invalid.

( 7 ) You , sir , were not successful, as you so chest-thumpingly stated. Your hunt was a dismal failure. You poached a deer over another landowners fence row, tresspassed on the land, and did not give enough of a damn about the animal you lawlessly took to even give a half-assed effort to try and find it. Your entire hunt reeks of a lack of respect for hunting, people, property laws, and God's creatures.

( 8 ) And Joel, I am not mad, as you say everyone is. Instead I am quite sad and worried, if these attitudes, complete lack of respect, and delusional denials of yours are any indicator of the ideals of the hunters we have coming up behind some of us older hunters. One key ideal, possibly the most important of all, concerning hunting is RESPECT. And I see absolutely none in your words. And I also am sad because so many people can explain it to you, but no one is getting through to you. You just refuse to understand, and admit you are wrong.

( 9 ) And as far as your invitation to come up, no thank you, sir. I am a bit more picky about who I hang around with and especially who I hunt with.

And Finally ( 10 ) And on the flip side, Joel. Don't ever come to South Arkansas to hunt. You are not welcome on my property, EVER. And yes, I will call the Game officers myself. We only allow respectful FRIENDS to shoot across our fences.

What a damn shame.
Well stated Michael T. Not the way we do things in Arkansas as well as the rest of the U.S. Joel V. needsto grow up and get over his self-centered attitude.

GO HOGS!!
Old 10-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

This poor guy is going to have a new one to put his head up when you guys are done. He poached. It was wrong. He shouldn't try to justify it. And he can't complete a sentence. Now we are all on the same page. Any questions?

[/align]

Quick Reply: Coyote's ate good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.