Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyote's ate good

Old 10-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coyote's ate good

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel V

I know I shouldn't have shotover a fence. But in Illinios there's a certain understanding that if a certainoppertunity becomes available you take it(least where I live). I can tell you this thou, if these morons hit something this year (slim chance!), And it crosses over in our timber, it will be our deer. Owner has alreadysaid they screwed us, they'll get there's!It's justa shame that sucha beautiful animal had to go for coyote food. Never seen a Doe with that brown taupe like bucks have

[/quote]

Wait a second......I think I smell something....Yes, Yes.......I'm sure of it.........It smells like complete and total bulls**t!! You said yourself youknew you shouldn't have shot over the fence??!! So why do you continue to try and justify it. Why do you think the landowner has had people watching her land and contacting the local DNR if they saw someone, it's because of PEOPLE LIKE YOU!! Good thing she had some "out of towners" around to run your trespassing, poaching butt out of there. At first I thought it was a shame the deer was eaten by the coyotes, but after reading more of your babbling nonsense I'm happy they did, they deserve the deer more than you. You refer to those 20 something"out of towners" as morons andsay there are too many"retarded" peopleposting in reply to your"story"on this forum, maybe you should try removing your head from yourarse as it is obvious you are suffering from a lack of oxygen to your brain. After removal, take in some deep breaths to try to revivethe remainingbrain cells and maybe then you will see who the real "moron" is. Man up, accept reponsibility, YOU SCREWED UP!! Everyonescrews upsooner or later but it is how you handle it and make changes to prevent future screw upsthat defines you and buildscharacter. You are not handling it well nor do you seem open to making changes.That speaks volumes about your character. Please feel free to comment, I'd love to see how deep you can dig this hole!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

Okay, what everybody is not understanding is. I live in a small comuinuity where everybody is free to roam. I've lived on the East coast (NJ) and I know what everyone isthinking.Shooting a deer over someones fencerow where I live is not a big deal andno way is itpoaching. I'll get a thankyou most of time for taking a deer, that is not eating there crops. With a big thumbs upfor coyote's.

The guys in question were young20 somethings, mad cause I was sucessfull and they weren't. With it being there first timebow hunting witch they told me. Most likely they where out of towners.

Sorry everyone's mad but thats the facts in mid/Ill. Come on out and I'll show ya. And I didn't take a 60 yard shot it was 40 yrds. Seen thecarcass you could see the arrow wound. Even after the coyotes.
If everyone is free to roam, ( 1 ) the land owners would not have people reported to DNR ( 2 ) people would not have to get little old ladies permission, ( 3 ) you would not NOW be seeking the landowners permission.

( 4 ) I am not on the East Coast, I am in Arkansas, and it is poaching down here too.

( 5 ) The guys ages areirrevelant. They still acted more mature and appropriately than you. And You being such a seasoned veteran ( as opposed to their first time ) should knowmore about hunting laws and ethicsthan they do.

( 6 ) Just because the people don't hold you to the letter of the law ( when it concerns their own property ( as you say about your community ) , does not mean the laws dont apply or are invalid.

( 7 ) You , sir , were not successful, as you so chest-thumpingly stated. Your hunt was a dismal failure. You poached a deer over another landowners fence row, tresspassed on the land, and did not give enough of a damn about the animal you lawlessly took to even give a half-assed effort to try and find it. Your entire hunt reeks of a lack of respect for hunting, people, property laws, and God's creatures.

( 8 ) And Joel, I am not mad, as you say everyone is. Instead I am quite sad and worried, if these attitudes, complete lack of respect, and delusional denials of yours are any indicator of the ideals of the hunters we have coming up behind some of us older hunters. One key ideal, possibly the most important of all, concerning hunting is RESPECT. And I see absolutely none in your words. And I also am sad because so many people can explain it to you, but no one is getting through to you. You just refuse to understand, and admit you are wrong.

( 9 ) And as far as your invitation to come up, no thank you, sir. I am a bit more picky about who I hang around with and especially who I hunt with.

And Finally ( 10 ) And on the flip side, Joel. Don't ever come to South Arkansas to hunt. You are not welcome on my property, EVER. And yes, I will call the Game officers myself. We only allow respectful FRIENDS to shoot across our fences.

What a damn shame.
Good Post Michael T.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:09 AM

I keep checking on this post and I kinda sympathize with this guy because I made a bad shot on a doe recently and then shot another doe in about 10 minutes later. I recovered the second but not the first doesnt mean I didnt want to I tried my best. She ran into some thick stuff and stopped bleeding. What else was I to do. I kept looking. Still nothing. I still feel like I committed a cardinal sin, so much that I didnt even enjoy recovering the second deer I shot. However, I did not shoot onto someone elses property to kill them. I do not think that giving up on a deer is an amatureish thing to do as posted earlier by txrookie. I gave up on mine. Sometimes theres nothing else you can do. If I could rewind everything and take that shot back I would. But just because you gave up doesnt mean you dont know what you are doing.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

I am having a hard time understanding this. So, I am new to bow huntingand tracking (also in my mid 20's) and what you're saying is if I went to central Illinois and got permission to hunt someones land and they told me if I saw ANYONE on their land I need to call them in, and you or someone else walked up in the area I was trying to hunt and told me you shot from your property to the property I was on and hit a deer it is OK because that is what everyone doe's? There must not be a community agreement or whatever you call it if the land owner told the other guys to call anyone in if on her property. You should feel lucky they let you look and didn't call you in. And why not follow you around? They cant really hunt their area now because you are out their tromping around scaring off any deer they might be stalking or waiting for. Consider yourself lucky it was those guys and not anyone else.
Brandon
Old 10-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

maybe you should try removing your head from yourarse as it is obvious you are suffering from a lack of oxygen to your brain. After removal, take in some deep breaths to try to revivethe remainingbrain cells and maybe then you will see who the real "moron" is.
That's great!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:21 AM

As PM'ed me by Joel, just a few minutes ago.
------------------------------------------------

Michael,
First off I respect your comment to my post.

But up north were I'm at, we don't have boundry's like elsewhere. I guess I shoud not have posted my inquire. I guess were still america up here and still belive in brotherly love.

I guess It's hard for some folks to understand that where all neihbors and belive in the same cause. I hunt cause, I was tought by my grandfather coonhunting. I love hunting and don't think I did anything wrong. If you think, than so be it. Turn me in.

I'm not a criminal.

Thanks Joel

-----------------------------------

Joel, well at least you respect my comment to your post. BUT, you don't have boundaries? What is the fence for then? Why does the lady have to worry about DNR?

I used to live in a township down here that had a population of about 500. And no one that wasn't family would ever dream of going on someone elses property without permission. Even my best friends would come say something to me first ( knowing that they were forever welcome to be there ). It is called RESPECT. And no, no one would ever shoot across the fence. My neighbors might have a stand up within spitting distance of the fence, but they respeceted the fence. MY side - my deer, your side - your deer. If it was on my side and jumped to yours, lay that baby down.

NoJoel, your heart bleeding this is America up here whine doesn't hold water. America is rights and values, and respect, and owning up to responsibility. I never had a land, or hunting, dispute with any of my neighbors. Never called the game warden, and never had him called on me. Your attitude speaks volumes...... It is easier to ask forgiveness, than it is to ask permission. Oh and by the way, down here in Arkansas, permission has to be in written form, with those allowed, and for what duration of time, and Game allowed. If DNR shows up and you don't have that, it's a ticket. That's the law. Wheather the landowner called him on you or not.

-----------------------------

And Stevo Kanevo... Look back at his post about how long he looked for the deer. The issue was not his giving up, the issue was , HE DID NOT EVEN REALLY TRY. So, don't be so down on yourself.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

I don't want to get into an argument, but these men are/were in a class of their own, and I would say even they rarely made shots past 50.
They were "famous" because of their rare ability.
Ok, my statement was a generalization, so I will say that 99% of us should not make that kind of shot.
Of course "a man's got to know his limitations."
If a hunter is confident with a shot, he should take it.
I doubt that very many would be confident at that range.
I wouldn't think twice about a 50-60 yard shot.
Point being, the originator of this thread made the comment about shoot out to 60 yards, which showed poor judgment to begin with.
I think we agree, as you said, that if you can do it effectively and ethically, then do it.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:07 PM

I wonder if the 20 year old land watchers had called the DNR, if the Officer would have stood by the landowner, or the poacher (YES - POACHER!).

Hmmmm....Let's play the whats more likely game.
Scenario #1 - You get a ticket for trespassing and/or poaching.
OR
Scenario #2 - The DNR man would he have said "Even though the landowner asked those guys to watch her land, she obviously didn't see the law that stated that it is ok to poach (yes - POACH) off someone else's land as long as the shooter REALLY REALLY wants the deer. You can go. I'll go tell the landowner not to call me anymore when people tresspass because around these here parts, tresspassing and poaching isn't illegal."

Which Scenario is more likely?

If she asked someone to watch her land, then she evidently didn't want anyone on it. At least without her knowing about it first. I'm guessing that probably included you.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Talondale

I will give this to the poster:it may be that in his area they play loose with the rules. It doesn't make it legal, and it doesn't make it right, but it may be the prevailing attitude. I've hunted places where the older generation (think 50+ years) grew up roaming across everyone's land and no one thought wrong about it. Hunting wasn't so selfish oriented and farmers didn't have time to mess with hunting and didn't care if you hunted across their property as long as you shut the gate and didn't leave ruts. But those days are long gone for the most part.
Thank you for posting that!!

You are correct and Itstill exsit's here were I live, (farmer's just want there gate closed). Sometime's thou you get "out of towners" that don't know$hit. Like mydeal. Good luck to ya'll

I think I'm done posting,only a few that arn't retarded
I think we need to give him a break and look at it from his perspective. He hunts in an area were all the land owners do not respect each other. He was raised to not respect his neighbors so when you see a deer just shoot it, what the heck they dont care cause they tresspass too right! Apperently him and the "area" he lives in is a bad part of town and breaking the law is just a way of life. Shame on the old lady for having values and wanting to keep tresspassers off her ground, she is from the "old school". And them guys who did not know, what idiots, they must have misssed the sign that said we like each other so much come on in and take what ya want! They must have not realized they were in dishonorville. I am totaly shocked that you even have the nads to pust this garbage, But hey its not your fault, just the area you were raised in right?

Old 10-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Judging by this guys grammar, I'm not so sure he is even 13 years old.

I am in my mid 20s, and I'll put my knowledge/tracking skills against yours anyday buddy.

You haven't procreated have you? If not, I suggest taking your man-hood (if you have any) and set it on an anvil and take a 10lb hammer and hit as hard as you can.....

So, were you here looking for sympathy??? Or did you just want someone to come hold your hand the next time you POACHED?

Quick Reply: Coyote's ate good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.