Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyote's ate good

Old 10-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Coyote's ate good

poach‧ing  /ˈpoʊtʃɪŋ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[poh-ching] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun

the illegal practice of trespassing on another's property to hunt or steal game without the landowner's permission.

any encroachment on another's property, rights, ideas, or the like
[/align]
What part of shooting across a property line to take a deer on property you DON'T have permission to hunt on don't you understand. Do you shoot across highways too? A property line goes straight up to the Heavens. It is a line that you are not to cross, shoot across or anything like that. It is POACHING. After you receive permission that you say "You're in the process of obtaining" it won't be poaching. How are you "In the process". You walk up and ask and get it or are denied. That's about all the process there is.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:50 AM

ORIGINAL: okietreedude

Around here, thats called poaching. Even if you know the neighbor. I know its hard not to do it, but next time if you do, I wouldnt be so proud admitting it publicly.
Amen![>:]
Old 10-17-2006, 07:59 AM

poach‧ing  /ˈpoʊtʃɪŋ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[poh-ching] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun

the illegal practice of trespassing on another's property to hunt or steal game without the landowner's permission.

any encroachment on another's property, rights, ideas, or the like
I agree that it is poaching either way that you look at it.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Joel V
Poaching? Your nuts! No way was I taking an illegal animal. BTW I'm in the process of getting premission from the 60yr old women that owns it...I've hunted, lived out east belive me it's not the same here...
knowbody cares if your here or there. These guys where just playing bada$$'s like they had some kind of power...They need to be carefull cause I'll reign a ****strom on them. Thanks for the support!!
Joel -you'll get no sympathy fromme or this crowd for the situation you had created for yourself. It's not hard to see that you were upset by the turn of events; but getting permission after the fact or rationalizing about itdoes not correct a wrong.Accept responsibility for your actions, treat others like you want to be treated,and learn from the experience.Would you have behaved differently if you the roleswith the neighbors were reversed?

-fsh
Old 10-17-2006, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

Let me add, I agree that it was poaching, and any bowhunter that takes a "60 yard" shot needs his bow taken away.
That's just slinging an arrow into the air and hoping it hits something.
It would have to be perfect conditions for me to take a 40 yard shot.
I live in Indiana and we have the same open land.
That's why we hunt the tree belts, and I've never taken a shot past about 25 yards.
Never needed to.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Davidmil....Amen brother.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Joel V: It's justa shame that sucha beautiful animal had to go for coyote food.

Ahh, so coyotes should only eat ugly animals? You are better than the coyote so only you get to eat the "beautiful" animals? A dead animal is destined for food, no matter which of us animals gets to it first.

[:@]Poaching is poaching. My son-in-law wants me to take him hunting. I told him not until he gets his license. He said he didn't need one. I told him if he wanted to hunt with me he did. Two similar attitudes towards hunting; he thinks it's ok to hunt without a license as long as he doesn't get caught, and you think it's okto shoot deer on land you don't have permission to hunt. It doesn't matter that you were on "YOUR" side of the fence. You shot a deer on property you didn't have permission to hunt! YOU POACHED!! Man, from now on, hunt legally. Hunt ethically. Hunt like a real hunter. Any yahoo can kill a "beautiful" deer. REAL hunters know their boundries and limits. Learn and apply yours!

You got what you deserved.

You'll find no sympathy here.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PastorHunter

Let me add, I agree that it was poaching, and any bowhunter that takes a "60 yard" shot needs his bow taken away.
That's just slinging an arrow into the air and hoping it hits something.
It would have to be perfect conditions for me to take a 40 yard shot.
I live in Indiana and we have the same open land.
That's why we hunt the tree belts, and I've never taken a shot past about 25 yards.
Never needed to.
I agree with the first half of the statement but not the second half.

"any bowhunter that takes a "60 yard" shot needs his bow taken away."

Would that include Fred Bear? Saxton Pope? Art Young? Howard Hill?Chuck Adams? and many other "famous" archers? All of these men have shot animals way over 60 yards. Think before you make sweeping statements. If you can do it effectively and ethically I have no problem with it.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Never ceases to amaze me the thought processes that some people go through in their minds. I beg of you to stay away from Ohio. We have no Blah Blah Blah rules here.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:20 AM

Okay, what everybody is not understanding is. I live in a small comuinuity where everybody is free to roam. I've lived on the East coast (NJ) and I know what everyone isthinking.Shooting a deer over someones fencerow where I live is not a big deal andno way is itpoaching. I'll get a thankyou most of time for taking a deer, that is not eating there crops. With a big thumbs upfor coyote's.

The guys in question were young20 somethings, mad cause I was sucessfull and they weren't. With it being there first timebow hunting witch they told me. Most likely they where out of towners.

Sorry everyone's mad but thats the facts in mid/Ill. Come on out and I'll show ya. And I didn't take a 60 yard shot it was 40 yrds. Seen thecarcass you could see the arrow wound. Even after the coyotes.

Quick Reply: Coyote's ate good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.