Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Season May Be Over

Old 10-16-2006, 02:52 PM

Default My Season May Be Over

Well, I got in 3 weekends worth of bowhunting. I shot one doe the second weekend, and saw a nice 8 point on opening day, but couldn't get a clean shot. That area was only open for 4 weeks, so this past weekend, my brother and I tried a place closer to home that we'd never hunted before. Well, let's just say I'll never hunt there again. EVER.

I parked my car off to the side of the dirt road, then walked the 150 yards or so to my tree stand. Once it got light enough to see, I realized that some yahoo in a red toyota had parked RIGHT NEXT TO ME. His truck was litteraly blocking the road, which is against the rules. This is public land, a Wildlife Management Area. Anyway, I instantly feel as though I'm being watched. I mean, this dude could be 300 yards away or he could be 30 yards. Great! Then I began hearing hunting dogs running and howling through the woods behind me. Dog Hunting won't open for another month or so, yet these backwoods motherhumpers still let them molest wildlife.

That was saturday morning. I came back for the evening hunt. Dude with the truck didn't show, but there were a lot of people riding ATVs and dirt bikes on the unnumbered roads, yet another violation of the rules and regulations. On sunday, I picked a new spot. I was hunting with my back up against a dark thicket. It's probably 100 yards deep. Once it was light enough to see, I heard a truck on the other side of that thicket. Some guys got out and started talking, laughing, even coughing...must have had a cold or something. They kept opening the truck doors and tool box, then slamming it shut. Making as much noise as possible, it seemed. I got down from the tree at 9:00am...I'd had enough. I don't have access to any private lands. My only option is hunting the public lands...the ones filled with ignorant, inconsiderate SOBs. I'm so fed up with all this. I have no place else to go for the rest of the season...I'm thinking about putting my gear away untill I get in on some Private Property, something I've been trying to do for YEARS. Lease Prices are ridiculious right now.

Thanks for reading. I just had to vent.

Regards,
Axel
Old 10-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My Season May Be Over

Sounds like the kind of week I had too. I started hunting Wed night, and Sat morning I got so fed up with those kinds of idiots, I came home. But I don't give up, maybe those *$##@**@** will push one your way...
Old 10-16-2006, 03:00 PM

Why dont you try asking some farmers around that area. I recently went on a hunt in Missouri and met a farmer up there that owns 3000 acres. He said that we could come back anytime we wanted and didnt have to pay him anything to hunt it. I was completely astounded. I thank my lucky stars for meeting that guy.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:12 PM

I live in north central florida. There aren't a lot of farms up here. The few that are here already have hunters on them, or the families that own them hunt there.

As for waiting for the deer to get pushed my way...I don't like that. I want piece and quiet while hunting. The only thing I want to hear are the sounds of nature, not other people.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:23 PM

apparently the boat that im in had an extra seat. .