Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

were these bucks playing?

Old 10-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default were these bucks playing?

i was hunting in NY this weekend, and dident see 1 thing all weekend, than 1 hour before dark i here stuff running, i look right and a 8 point, a 6 and a 4 point all run under my stand 10 yards, the 8 stops first behind a tree and turns around and waits for the 6 to run by him, than the 8 runs after him, than the 4 pointer stops 10 yards infront of me, i take the shot and hit the littlest branch you have ever seen and missed a 10yard shot... these bucks dident seem to be spooked by anything, it kinda looked like they were playing.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: were these bucks playing?

Them young bucks will chase each other around and play. Exspecially when the weather first cools. Are you going to mount that twig? J/K Better luck next time.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

the little guys are starting to feel atickle between their legs and its making them act goofy. Its gettin to be that time of the year..

Ive got pics of two bucks fighting for 6 min infront of my camera... just another two weeks or so!
Old 10-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Them young bucks will chase each other around and play. Exspecially when the weather first cools. Are you going to mount that twig? J/K Better luck next time.
a buck is a buck to me, dont care how many points it is, im perfectly happy with a spike as long as its down... plus i hunt with 4 other guys within 1 mile of me, so any deer i pass will probly get shot.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Pre, pre rut. Like mentioned, they are feeling froggy and dont really know why. Pre rut is right around the corner.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

a buck is a buck to me, dont care how many points it is, im perfectly happy with a spike as long as its down... plus i hunt with 4 other guys within 1 mile of me, so any deer i pass will probly get shot.
I think that Motown was refering to the twig that you accidentally shot instead of the deer. J/K means just kidding.