Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Devastation...................and a little doe

Old 10-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Devastation...................and a little doe

killer primate:

I practice good hunting ethics and I have a teenage son to set an example for, too.

YOU did NOTHING wrong in my eyes.....and, in fact, gained my respect.

"Ethics" is doing the right thing.....when even the WRONG thing isn't against the law. It also works both ways.

I'm glad you shared that story.

Jeff
Old 10-25-2006, 03:09 PM

Best wishes in your recovery......hope it all turns out to be alright.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Site Bouncer

Atlas,

Sorry to hear about the weather troubles you are having, I can only hope you, your friends an family get things cleaned up and back to "normal" soon. I also hope you get back into the woods soon as well.

If you find yourself in Illinois I always have a place for you to hunt.

Congrats on the deer.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

Seeing posts like that make me realize how lucky we have it here in Missouri. I admire your strength and spirit.

It really pisses me off to hear about the people trying to scam the victims. The roaches out there that do that deserve-I am not going to say it. For anyone to take advantage of people like that really burns my a##!. You can bet that those jerks didnt grow up hunting because they never learned to respect others.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:43 PM

Yep hope you all recover soon!!
ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Wow man, I didn't realize you guys got hit so hard up there. best of luck getting things up and going again.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

Sorry about your luck man.

On the lighter side, all the important things are still there for you and your family. Your lives, your home and your 4x4!

Facing these situations either kills you, or makes you stronger, we're glad you're still here!

Congrats on the deer. Nature has a funny way of providing with its offerings during hard times.

About ten years ago we had about five inches of freezing rain, hail and sleet in Virginia over the holidays. Hundreds of thousands of people lost power. Many, like my in-laws were without power for weeks afterwards. We spent the Christmas holiday at their home with one small 3000 watt generator, and we were about three hours from home in a pretty remote part of the state. Once their road became impassable and food was at least short enough to start having to plan meals accordingly, I poached a small deer. I had a license and it was the season, but I'd brought my new 30.06 that my wife had gotten for me for Christmas only to show her uncle, who is also an avid hunter. But we were in shotgun only territory which I have never hunted. My wife was pregnant with our first child at the time and I did what I had to do. We (our family and neighbors) picked the young doe clean. Everyone knew what I had done was illegal, but no one spoke of it. It changed the way I've felt about hunting to this day. I've always been an ethical hunter, my father raised me that way. But Ifelt a real connection when I was in real need of help and this fine animal presented its self for a good cause, and gave its life. I've had four children since that time and if they choose to hunt, I will raise all of them to be responsible and respectful hunters.

Best wishes and good luck to you and your family
Old 10-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

At least you can still practice from your ladder standin the snow brother! Seriously, I hope everything recovers well for you.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow dude, i'm sorry. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.