Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Devastation...................and a little doe

Old 10-16-2006, 11:38 AM

Default RE: Devastation...................and a little doe

Sounds like Ice Storm.

Happened here about 10 years ago I think.

Same thing, tons of snow, tons of ice, devestated everything.

Sorry to hear you're having to go through it, but I'm glad to hear things are starting to get a bit better.

Congrats on the doe!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear of the troubles. My entire fathers side of the family lives in Cheektowaga and they got hammered too. They had to all go to my uncles house where he bought a generator and he now has about 10 people staying with him in his 1200 square foot house. Best of luck to you and congrats on the doe.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

Im here cleaning up with you, sure did change the look of the woods. Hope things are back to normal for both of us soon.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear about hard times I couldn't even imagine. What a mess up there.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Site Buck Guru

Man, that really bites. Especially since you were so prepared for the season. At least no one was hurt. And great that you could get out AND get a deer. Hopefully things will mend faster than you think and that you'll at least get out for the rut. Good luck.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, I didn't realize how bad it was either. Best of luck with the cleanup and all that goes with a situation like that. Congrats on the good looking doe.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Dominant Buck

I had NO IDEA this happened to you until Ghemry told me (I returned on Sunday.....after 9 days in Mexico).

Dude...I am REALLY sorry. I wish I'd known about the generator thing.....I have a great one that you could have used (had someone been able to get 1/2 way.....which I would still do. say the word if you need it).

If you can think of ANYTHING I can do....I mean it....let me know (Including a place to hunt if you can swing a couple of days. I've got a few deer down here.)

I really hope you see brighter days SOONER.....rather than LATER.

Jeff
Old 10-25-2006, 02:38 PM

Holy cow, how did I miss this post? I'm so sorry to hear about that! At least you got out and got yourself some freezer food. Man, I had no idea.

Hope the cleanup is going okay and things are starting to get back to "normal" now, whatever your new "normal" will be.

Prayers and thoughts comin' your way...
Old 10-25-2006, 02:41 PM

Atlasman,

I am so sorry for all of your loss. Man , I cannot imagine what it must feel like, but I will put you and yourfamily and friends in my prayers.

I hope you get things straightened out really soon.

God Bless,

Old 10-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry about your luck man.

On the lighter side, all the important things are still there for you and your family. Your lives, your home and your 4x4!

Facing these situations either kills you, or makes you stronger, we're glad you're still here!

Congrats on the deer. Nature has a funny way of providing with its offerings during hard times.

About ten years ago we had about five inches of freezing rain, hail and sleet in Virginia over the holidays. Hundreds of thousands of people lost power. Many, like my in-laws were without power for weeks afterwards. We spent the Christmas holiday at their home with one small 3000 watt generator, and we were about three hours from home in a pretty remote part of the state. Once their road became impassable and food was at least short enough to start having to plan meals accordingly, I poached a small deer. I had a license and it was the season, but I'd brought my new 30.06 that my wife had gotten for me for Christmas only to show her uncle, who is also an avid hunter. But we were in shotgun only territory which I have never hunted. My wife was pregnant with our first child at the time and I did what I had to do. We (our family and neighbors) picked the young doe clean. Everyone knew what I had done was illegal, but no one spoke of it. It changed the way I've felt about hunting to this day. I've always been an ethical hunter, my father raised me that way. But Ifelt a real connection when I was in real need of help and this fine animal presented its self for a good cause, and gave its life. I've had four children since that time and if they choose to hunt, I will raise all of them to be responsible and respectful hunters.

Best wishes and good luck to you and your family

Quick Reply: Devastation...................and a little doe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.