Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Decisions, Decisions...

Old 10-15-2006, 11:10 PM

Default Decisions, Decisions...

So, I don't know yet when exactly I'll be laid off for the winter. I'm trying to decide which week to take off work (if I haven't been laid off by then) to hunt.

I'm trying to decide between the last week in November or the first week in December.

The rut activity will probably have wound down by either of those weeks, so I don't think that is a factor. The week in November might run into thetail end of the rut action, depending on a lot of things.The week in December might run into the second rut, slight though it may be (yes, a second rut does occur in my area), but there is no gaurantee that it won't come later in December.

What do you folks think?
Old 10-15-2006, 11:19 PM

Default RE: Decisions, Decisions...

Last of Nov.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:36 AM

Going to bump this up once.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan you guys can bowhunt the last week of November/first week of Dec for whitetails?

Old 10-16-2006, 10:53 AM

Troy, our late season runs from November 20th - December 15th.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

oh..man thats sweet! Ok ...since we are so close and our whiteys do pretty much the same..let me get back to you on this.. I can hunt ours until DEC 1 here then back again from the 10th to the 23rd of Dec..i wanna share with ya what I have been seeing... gotta go for now..be back in about 20 min..to chat this over with ya...

Old 10-16-2006, 10:57 AM

Sounds great man. I'll be here.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan is there any rifle season going on during the last week of Nov or that first week of Dec? There is here... the entire month of Nov

You hunting private? or public?
Old 10-16-2006, 11:15 AM

Rifle season opened this last Saturday and closes before the first of November. After that its shut down until Late archery.

Hunting private property.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wish Idaho would follow suit... dang!I am under the gun here until Dec 1...

Dan with no rifle season during November I don't think you can go wrong that last week of Nov. The bucks will have bred many does and will be in search of the last remaining few. You should see a lot of movement..especially if the weather conditions help you out. The only negative would be the hunting pressure that coincides with Thanksgivings days off.

On the other hand you may want to take that first week of Dec off to evade the many bowhunters that will be out beating the brush over Thanksgiving break..

I have personally witnessed some of the biggest bucks inmy area out moving after our rifle (any weapons)season closes Dec 1. Your scenario and pressure is different than mine, yet I have a feeling many of your most mature bucks will be cruising that last week of Novand first week of Dec both..trying to pick up a final few does...

Both weeks are good for mature buck on the movein my area... What do you think?

Quick Reply: Decisions, Decisions...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.