Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunt with your kids?

Old 10-13-2006, 09:39 PM

Default Hunt with your kids?

How many of you take your under age kids bowhunting with you (under 10 years old)? I am thinking about it in the future and am curious if it can be done.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunt with your kids?

My son is 6 yrs old and was wandering the same thing. I'm still practicing with the bow so not sure about hunting w/ it this season but I'm thinking about taking him w/ me during rifle season. After I get my first deer of course! Not sure how long he can stay quiet.
Brandon
Old 10-13-2006, 11:06 PM

I take my little brother out with me all the time whether its deer turkey pheasants ducks anything...he really enjoys it a lot. To tell you the truth this past spring i was more excited when he got his first turkey (which was with me and not my dad) then if i would have killed it myself.. I think that they truly enjuoy the time i kno i did when i was about 4 (now 16)when introduced to the sport.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I take my 8 year old son once in a while but he just doesnt have the patience to sit there even with his gameboy advanced in his hands. I dont push him to go at all but when he asks if he can go I brign him along, most of the time its short lived and he wants to go home, and so being the dad that I am i make the quick 2 minute drive back to the farm and drop him off with mom and head out to a different stand. Its just nice being there with him since hes in school all day and Im working all day. We dont see eachother much except on weekends that Im not working. My daughter really hasnt showed any interest in hunting...yet. Maybe when she gts older ill try taking her turkey hunting...