Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bowtech Old Glory

Old 10-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Bowtech Old Glory

I just purchased a Bowtech Old Glory this week. I ordered it in Realtree Hardwoods and it will be in on Monday. I am going to equip it with a Spot-Hogg Real Deal, Stealth stabilizers, Bowtech 1 Piece 6 arrow quick release quiver, and I am still undecided about the rest. I have been and currently use a Muzzy Zero-Effect rest for over 5 years now and I don't know if I could go to another rest. If anyone has any suggestions and some solid feedback, please feel free to post or IM me.

I am currently shooting a Matthews Switchback, with an HHA XL-5000, Stealth stabilizer, Mathews 1 piece 5 arrow quick release quiver, and a Muzzy Zero-Effect rest. This is for the hardcore Bowtech'ers...I am not replacing my Mathews with the Bowtech. I simply need a good reliable backup bow and wanted a bow with a little longer axle-to-axle for 3D shoots. I know, it sounds like a Chevy guy switching to Ford but this isn't the case. I personally don't like Chevy or Ford from a truck perspective but that discussion is for a different forum. They are both very high quality bows and hopefully I will be able to give honest feedback to people when we get the dreaded "What bow should I shoot?" thread.

I will post pics when I get it all set up. I am getting ready to head to northern MO to the lease and hang some stands and hunt so hopefully I will have some pics to post late Sunday or Monday.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:30 PM

Default RE: New Bowtech Old Glory

Can't beat a BowTech for a backup bow.

I am looking to do the same myself.

I will probably wait and see what comes out for '07 before I make my selection though.

Congrats on your purchase.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:55 PM

Default RE: New Bowtech Old Glory

Once you get the Old Glory set up be prepared to retire the Matthews to spare status. That's what happened to my Hoyt. I'm using the NAP QT4000 on mine and it's working great but I'd look at the NAP Smartrest (I like the rope attached to the cable better than the steel wire attached to the slider) if I was doing it again.