Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you say no?

Old 10-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How do you say no?

Just ask my wife how to do it!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear you
Old 10-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

You don't. I have hunted w/my BIL for 8yrs and has yet to take a deer. In yrs past I have done all the scouting and placed stands. The last 2yrs I figured he would (and I) feel more fulfilled to help scout and put up stands. We put up a stand this yr and I'm sure he will take his first.
I have found if you want to get someone into hunting then convince them to help w/scouting and placing stands. B4 my BIL helped the wife did and she was hooked B4 she spent a minute in a stand during season. Now I have regular help, and also have another 2setsof eye' in the woods. Trail cams, nope just enlist the help of friends and family...... and just enjoy your time in the woods. Personally, I feel proud to have any hand in the harvesting of mature deer. Even if its with someone else doing the killing[8D]. They may get a rack and it may be bigger than mine but I get a the memories and a pic of the animal. I also remember to keep some stands for just me.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

I think you have let it go so long now (they are calling and you actually think they will meet you at your hunting land)that you are going to have to be rude and say no or take them hunting.

In some situations saying nothing is almost as good as saying yes.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:09 PM

Sounds like you need to sit down and talk with these folks. Hunting is just that hunting. They should not be relying on you as a guide to hunt. That boy needs to learn how to hunt for himself and needs some one to teach him that. You let him shoot your deer, he learns nothing. Let it go from there.... offer to help them other wise, but I wouldn't take them to your spots.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:15 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I am in the same boat. Between the boss's landlord and the landlord's relatives... I also have a B-I-L to deal with. ThankGod it is only for the rifle season. Bow season finds me having no problem saying no. I wonder way that is??

After 10 years I've finally told the boss... he can hunt with his land lord as it is always a fiasco with them. He wasn't too happy because he know what a fiasco it is. He is even hiding from them this year.

The B-I-L is harder to wean.This will be his final year if he shows up. Hni Christine is right...guys don't take hints. I've tried with him.I want to hunt with my son now that he is old enough and not have to guide, gut and drag for everyone else. I've enjoyed helping hunters get their first deer and show them the ropes. Just looking for a little break as these guys are well past their first deer. Time to say nope, got other plans.

Best of luck with your situation.

Tim
Old 10-15-2006, 04:02 AM
Dominant Buck

I ask my friend that is in Missouri the same question some time ago.He said in his area it would be considered rude to ask someone to hunt on their property. The correct thing to do is wait to be asked. I was invited by him to hunt on his farm. Trust me...I know about property taxes, what leases cost, guided hunts and motels. therefore...I take care of my hunting partner as well. I also know it took alot of faith to invite a total stranger to hunt on your property. We are nowvery goodfriends.
c7
Old 10-15-2006, 04:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would say I enjoy talking people out to get thier first deer but after that I want to concentrate on MY deer hunting and I take a lot of others out to get thier first also so if and when I have a free dayand after I take the deer I wantI will call you and invite you back. Then lose his phone number.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:39 AM

The truth usually works. Lack of communication seldom does.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

I just say no if that's what I'm feeling at the time .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.