Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

True Talker

Old 10-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default True Talker

I just got a true talker cause several people I have talked to said they have called all kinds of deer with it, but how do some of you call with it.What is your sequence?
Old 10-12-2006, 01:21 PM

Default RE: True Talker

Depends on what you are trying to call in. First year I used a true talker probably about 5 years ago I was hunting in Alabama and had a doe crosses in front of me, shecontinued on into the woods. I grunted without pressing down on the call just a couple of short grunts and a large 6 pt came out all ticked off. I use it all season. Tending grunts and buck grunts. I use a can call for doe bleats. But you cant find a better buck grunt.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the true talker and the rubber neck, I love using a grunt call
this time of yr, when iam huntingi will give it just a few min to calm down after i get settled in the stand then maby hit the call softlyabout 3 time and i`ll wait about 15-30 min before trying again
but remember you can call to much!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on picking the Tru Talker in my opinion I think its one of the best products out there , you can mimick so many diffrent calls with it.
When you look at where you put your finger you'll see four bands by pressing the first one you can mimick a fawn bleat , this sound is good if you want to get does .
The second band is for a doe bleat or gunt , use it to attract bucks don't be surprized if other does respond to it.
The third band mimicks the sound of a young buck and the forth band is for an older buck.
When using this gunt tube / call , put your finger on one of those bands and then blow into it three times then wait for twenty or thirty minutes then do it again.
Keep doing this sequence until they show up , remember short gunts / bleats and blats are like contact calls long gunts / bleats and blats is like saying ( COME HERE ) alhough a long doe bleat is more like a doe in heat.
I hope this information helps in some way , the more you practice with it the better you'll get .
I have used and played with mine so much that I have learned to mimick that buck growl sound everybody has been talking about , another thing I forgot to say is try cupping your other hand over the end for deeper sounds.
I gotta feeling your gonna have fun with your new toy just as much as I do , good luck and have a successful season.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just got one yesterday but havnt' had too much time to play around with it(5 min) came with a dvd wich i havent watched yet...im having a hard time getting the higher pitched doe and fawn calls to sound right
i'm ganna watch the dvd tonight...hopefully it explains how to make the calls???
Old 10-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

yeah I been playin wth mine a lil bit. I like the way it sounds i also have an ez grunter plus from Knight and Hale, but the true talker sounds alot better