Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how do you shoot with the WIND?

Old 10-12-2006, 09:29 AM

Default how do you shoot with the WIND?

Hey archers,[/align] I have been practicing for about 4 months now. During my practice sessions though I never had much if any wind. Today the wind is blowing WSW at 14mph. How should I adjust my shooting? Should I even go out, is the windblowing to fast?[/align][/align]
Old 10-12-2006, 10:39 AM

Default RE: how do you shoot with the WIND?

Aim dead on if you can. This is where having a heavy bow is a benefit, it settles the wobble imparted by the wind blowing on your arm and bow. With the older prong rests you could use the bubble in your level to help you tilt the top limb into the wind a bit but I don't think that's going to work with a containment rest or fall-away. Practice shooting in all conditions until you're proficient at it and if your not comfortable shooting in the wind yet, DON"T.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your hunting from a tree say like 20ft up this much wind could and most likely would cause all kinds of problems.
Its hard enough to shoot when the tree is still much less blowing you all over the place.
If your hunting from the ground like say a blind ect..It is still couldtake its toll on your shot placement.
If you haven`t practicedshooting in the wind i wouldn`t try it on a live animal!
And even if you have(imo) I would still would give it 2nd thought[&:]
Old 10-12-2006, 11:21 AM

If your going to hunt in it, you better practice practice practice in it. Experience is shooting is a must!