Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So how many women...

Old 10-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So how many women...

I certainly am jealous. Yeah, if he wants to wear the wig around camp....lol
Old 10-16-2006, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the list of us girls, so far:

Buck Huntin Girl, In.
Monie, In.
piebalddoe, Pa.
Just Curious, Pa.
Spike (bugsNbows wife), Fl.
huntnma, Fl.
HNI Christine, Il.
Lady Forge, Il.
Hoytgirl, Ia.
xlilcntrygrlx, Ny.
MOM w/ SWD, Mo.
Kodiakswildside, Ak.
Bamahuntress, Al. (I assume by the name)
davidmil, Md (You must wear your wig at all times!) lol

I would seriously love for us girls to get together for a hunt. Any suggestions on the state? I was thinking maybe Kentucky, or Tennessee. Those seem to be, distance wise, about equal for everyone, well except kodiakswildside.What do you all think? I realize that this year is probably out of the question, but how about next year? That gives us all plenty of time to plan and save.

If you all want to come to Indiana, we have a great public property to hunt. They are now offering cabins for $35 a night. I know my way around it pretty well, so there's no shortage of opportunites. A non-res. license is $150.00. Does everone bow hunt? Around here, that's the perfect time to hunt public property, because there aren't many bow hunters and the animals receive little pressure. For those who don't bow hunt, Indiana offers 2 other seasons, during which you may continue to bowhunt. Firearms starts about the middle of Nov. and muzzleloader starts a month after. During bow season, oct 1 to first week of jan, you may buy 2 licenses and you can take 2 does or a buck and a doe. During firearms it's 1 buck only and during muzzleloader, you can take a buck OR a doe. No matter which season(s) you hunt, you may take only 1 buck per year.

I'd be more than happy to be your guide.

So, what do y'all think?
Old 10-16-2006, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guess you can add me to the list.
I am a Bowhunter Only from East Central Illinois. Ive been doing the bowhunting thing for I guess 6 or 7 years... time flies... I am a married mother of 2 boys ages 24 and 17 and I work fulltime at Blue Ridge Backwoods Archery Shop....
Its nice to see all you ladies here...
You gotta watch David he tried that ole wig and skirt deal to go on my womens only bowhunt.... Truth be told he's a bait and switch kind girl and he's not even a real red head... or so I have been told

Old 10-16-2006, 09:23 AM

Hey, count me in for the ladies!!

xlilcntrygrlx(Lisa) Steuben County, NY

This is my third season hunting, bow, gu, & muzzloader!
We just had out opener this weekend! Nothin yet, but its early!!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Buck Huntin Girl

Just for information sake, if we can ever get something worked out (because I would seriously LOVE to), how many guys/gals do we have within a decent drive to Indiana? Of course, you must remember, long johns are mandatory...

Edited to add*** Maybe not Indiana, but Ohio or somewhere within the general proximity? My husband had inquired a few days ago about how many people on here would be interested in meeting up for a bear hunt or something along those lines...
You ladys are on the right track. Count me in!! and I don't really care where we hunt. Or what we hunt......
My husband and I made new friends here on HuntingNet this fall. We met up with them in Canada on a bear hunt, stayed in a nasty trailer for a week and had a blast. The most fun I've had hunting in a long time and I'm the ONLY ONE that did not see a bear in 7 days!! Hope to go with them again. Bear hunting is the best. and a little SCARY!!!! Makes you realize how brave you really are......
Good luck to all you gals that hunt. Hunt safe and wear your harnesses.
Diann
Old 10-16-2006, 10:00 AM
Dominant Buck

If you all want to come to Indiana, we have a great public property to hunt.
Oh boy, and since I'm going to be hunting Indiana and Ohio for a week starting Nov 7th, I won't have far to travel.[8D] I just have to remember to pack that wig.[&:] I'll have to take that roll of socks out of my underwear and put them in my shirt pockets.[&:]
Old 10-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil
I just have to remember to pack that wig.[&:] I'll have to take that roll of socks out of my underwear and put them in my shirt pockets.[&:]
ROTFLMAO....OMG my sides!!! my sides!!!...Owwwww
Old 10-16-2006, 10:27 AM

Sheesh, I spend a day in the woods and come back and the thread has taken fof again! LOL

Next year would be good for me, just because this year and at this point, I can't be traveling too far from home... As much as I'd LOVE to say I went into labor in a tree stand, I prefer if I'm in a stand CLOSE to my hospital and doctor! LOL

Soooo... Of course I bowhunt, and I wouldn't mind going to Kentucky or Tennessee as long as I had ample time to plan. The biggest thing is I don't know for sure if I will be going back to work or not after the baby. I don't work right now, but have funds coming in that won't be by mid next year. We hope to have our business up and running by then, so hopefully we won't have to worry about me going back to work.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

bamahuntress are you married, if so do you have any single sisters just like you....LOL!!!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wilk

bamahuntress are you married, if so do you have any single sisters just like you....LOL!!!!!
You're a bad bad man...lol

Quick Reply: So how many women...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.