Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So how many women...

Old 10-11-2006, 01:26 PM

Default RE: So how many women...

Ya'll crack me up---it reminds me of a scenario--probably similar to the circumstances leading up to your drawing 'first blood'. I took my oldest son and put him in my favorite tree at my honeyhole in SC. I told him where the deer should come from and even what direction. I walked about 200 yards--climbed an observation stand and no sooner than I settled in---BOOOM! I quickly climbed down, and hurried over to him to find his climber 8' off the ground still,yet he was squatting next to a respectable 8--his first- and I was bracing myself for a big hug, and "Thanks Dad!"---when he slowly stood up--got this Barney Fife look on his face and said to me--straight faced--"You know what Dad? I think I'm a better hunter than you now!" I was just a little bit more than po'd with his attitude![:@] It's funny now--but it wasn't then!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:35 PM

I can totally hear my 7 year old saying that to me after she kills that monster buck she's gonna get someday. LOL

Seriously, I am totally aware it is the luck of the draw.... I was thrilled for hubby this year when he shot his buck. I haven't gotten one yet this year... still, he didn't get one last year, so I'm one up on him. LOL [8D]
Old 10-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

I hunt, trap, bowfish, fish...... Still looking for my first big buck tho'. [:-]

And when it comes to dinner, I can make great reservations.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the guys in Michigan have wives that "hunt". Their wives buy licenses every year. Really it's the husbands killing the deer and using their wifes tags LOL.

I bet 90% of the licenses bought in Michigan by women are used by the husbands.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:27 PM

And... I would bet you're right. LOL I know if my brother in law kills his limit, he will have his wife buy a tag... lol. Drives me nuts, but it's not my business I guess.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Now you all are getting down in the weeds.

I was asking for the french maid outfit in the hunting camp serving beer (coffee by 4:30a),strictly worn by the female member (sorry AK state). In return for this awesome service, I was willing to run around my camp singing(not sure singing was required) girls rule! What a bargin!

Now your talking about extra tags andmaybe breaking state laws in a few areas. I will never condon those things since I hunt in an unlimited state.

Let's keep this to "So how many women", pics and the outfitare optional/encourage towards ??? and last, the stories of riding the males in the hunt camp for turning in the big goose eggs!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 04:16 AM
Banned

My wife Hoytgirl bowhunts. Here she is with her bear she took a month ago. She also harvested a doe and a buck on stand last year with her bow minutes apart. She has only been shooting a bow for a year and a half. HCH
Old 10-12-2006, 05:38 AM

Thank you Mouse... I was wondering how it could possibly be getting off track!!! To go from what we were talking about to that... with one person's post... Yay for the Mouse police!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:19 AM

Add another lady here!! My 3rd year hunting, bow, gun, muzzleloader!! Ny opener is Saturday!! Hoping to show my hubby up again, lol! There are a lot of ladies on here! Good luck!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:06 AM

That's why I did this post, I haven't even seen you around yet xlilcntrygrlx! Nice to meet you.

I hunt bow and use a muzzleloader for gun season as well. None of this 3 shot, shotgun stuff for me.[8D]lol

Quick Reply: So how many women...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.