Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So how many women...

Old 10-11-2006, 08:54 AM

Default RE: So how many women...

LOL @ manuman!

That's funny. Hunting isn't for some people, ya know? Especially women, we tend to have "softer" hearts... My dad had a family get together at his house this last weekend and my stepbrother's new fiance was there. I've never really gotten a chance to talk to her much, but found out she is an excellent archer, using a recurve (used to compete)! But... she has no desire to hunt. I tried though. So far I've only found two other women who want to hunt. One of which I need to call, haven't talked to her in a month, the other is my mom (YAY!) This will be my mom's first year and I am pumped! And for those single men in their 50's and 60's... she's 55, beautiful and she's SINGLE! I would LOVE to get her set up with another hunter who has enough respect for women and would treat her like she deserves. She is a doll... and if you have pets... YOU'RE IN!! She is a vet tech locally and gets all of her pet care needs for FREE! Okay, there's my little plug for the day... if she gets one this year, I don't know if she will let me take a pic, she's camera shy... but I'll try.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:08 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Huntin Girl

Hey Fieldmouse, how would you feel about me doing the hunting, killing, cooking, AND getting youa cold one... No worries, I'll make ya'll some good huntin' grub... how about a big pot of hot chocolate after the hunt (since I'd have a deer before all the rest of ya and be back at camp already), a bigplate of "slop" (shredded deer roast, mashed taters, and Velveeta cheese baked together), a hot dutch apple cream pie, and a cold one at the table.... as long as there's an ice cold case of Coors Light in it for me... Oh... and one more thing, you have to march around camp saying "Girls rule".

Alright... I'll take the bait, I'll post my favorite hunting pic...

This was my second year, second deer and second buck:

Yes, I have no problem with it. Can you make coffee as well? If thats a yes, I have a hunting camp for you.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:11 AM

I don't drink it, especially during hunting season or I'd be climbin' up and down the stand every 10 minutes to pee... but I sure can make it. My old boss said I made the best coffee ever, I never understood that, you measure it out, throw it in and pour water... how hard is it? lol

When I do drink it, I prefer the rasberry flavored coffee... mmmm! Is it winter yet?
Old 10-11-2006, 11:12 AM

guilty and loving it. its the best feeling when you ae standing around the bed of the truck with all the guys and looking down in at the big buck and all the guys are complaining that the GIRL got it. lol

i just stand there and smile. no need for anything else....
Old 10-11-2006, 11:23 AM

That *is* a good feeling, isn't it Just Curious? LOL

I try not to give my hubby too hard of a time... *yah. right*

LOL
Old 10-11-2006, 11:36 AM

My wife tries and hunts with me, doesn't carry a gun yet, just got her hunter education last year. I also take my 6 YO daughter hunting with me, been deer hunting once and squrriel hunting a fwe times.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Monie

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy

AND post your MUGshot along with your reply too ladies...
lol....I've hunted since I was a knee high to a grasshpper. Here's the doe I shot last monday.

Now Theres a good looking female................oh yeah, and the deer too

Old 10-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Dominant Buck

My better half is unable to hunt due to a wrecked shoulder and eroding hips , but I'm trying to coax her into coming along sometime to do the calling and other things that don't involve shooting . So far I've mentioned taking her on a photo safari and seen a spark of interest . My granddaughter wants to hunt , but her Daddy won't allow it until she's at least 8 and isn't any too thrilled about it in the first place .
Old 10-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Huntin Girl
a bigplate of "slop" (shredded deer roast, mashed taters, and Velveeta cheese baked together), a hot dutch apple cream pie, and a cold one at the table.... as long as there's an ice cold case of Coors Light
So now I see how you get your deer first. You infest the bowels of the man folk all around you! lol.

Man that slop sounds good. Would make a good human bait pile!

Tom
Old 10-11-2006, 01:15 PM

Okay, well, slop would be a perfect deer camp recipe if you ask me... it's so simple to make, and everyone will love it!

Basically, to make a 10 x 13 dish of it.... pre heat oven to 350, you will need to make homemade mashed potatoes, about 5 or 6 large taters will do, spray or grease the pan you are using, spread taters in bottom of pan. Cut Loaf of Velveeta into 1/4" thick slices (a little thicker if you REALLY like cheese), layer over the mashed taters, spread shredded venison roast over the top of the Velveeta.For best results, simmer roast in crock pot all day until it falls off and is easily shredded (best flavor too). Just throw it in the oven at 350 for 25-30 minutes and voila!!! Excellent, easy meal that everyone will love.

So there is my "slop" recipe, it's actually my mom's recipe, made with beef, but I find it tastes MUCH better with venison.

Now, the dutch apple cream pie... that's my secret.

Quick Reply: So how many women...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.