Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

have any of you herd of cliking

Old 10-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default have any of you herd of cliking

i was reading about deer cliking in a bow mag last year and every time i hunt my corn or bean fields on my farm i hear what they were talking about but if i call it stops or i wont see anything the rest of the day so ive stoped calling when i hear it butt what dos it mean and have any of you been able to call a deer in when you have heard it or am i just retarted and just hearing things HELP!!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: have any of you herd of cliking

clicking, absolutely and it can be a productive call during the rut. When you call, what are you calling? Using?

Check this site out for assistance in calls. http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/practical_bowhunter/deergrunting/deergrunt.html
Old 10-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob it may be my computer but the link didn't work for me. I've heard/heard of clicking but I've never used it... can anyone elaborate?
Old 10-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's not your computer, the link is temporarily down, it's Bowsite and that's not working either...check back to it.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:37 PM

I have never heard of a deer clicking. Can you give a little more info on when and why they click?
Old 10-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

The sound is like running your thumb slowly down a stiff plastic comb.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:24 PM

I too have never heard of clicking. What stage of the rut do they do it in or is it a year round call? More information please?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

The bowsite is up and running. Good info.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard it once. There was a scrape about 60 yards in front of me. Right at dark, for sure one buck, and two other deer (couldn't tell what they were) came in and started making the clicking noise on or near the scrape. Once you hear it, you will never forget it.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good description tsoc, could also say it sounds like tapping two pebbles together. I have been lucky enough to hear and see Bucks make this clicking noise several times over the years, each time it has been after the bachelor groops have broken up (pre rutt, rutt ), been a mature buck (3 1/2 year old or older), taking an extreamly aggressive posture (head cocked, walking side ways, or main sticking up) toward another buck. Once this led to a buck fight in front of me, A couple of times the subordinate buck would get chased off or swing wide of the dominate buck making the clicking noise, ( Dominate buck always not biggest buck in area ), And then there was a time when I almost got BUCK HUNCHED making that clicking sound! But thats another story. BEWARE there is a BUG out there that makes the same noise! Thats what you couldbehearing in the bean or corn field, and the reason you have not seen a deer. Hope this helps Ya.

Quick Reply: have any of you herd of cliking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.