Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my butt gets numb!

Old 10-09-2006, 02:32 PM

Default my butt gets numb!

Can anyone tell me of a way to keep my butt from getting numb after sitting in the tree for three hours or so, I have tried cushions, and they are nice but they only last for about an hour befor my butt is numb. As for now I tend to lean to one side to let off the pressure. what do you do.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: my butt gets numb!

Stand up! I stand about every hour or so. Just move slowly and once standing keep still.

Tom
Old 10-09-2006, 03:24 PM

Standing helps. My butt doesn't get numb but my knees get sore from being bent like that for long periods of time. I try to stand for an hour and sit for an hour.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Banned

Millenium treestand; VERY COMFORTABLE!!! HCH
Old 10-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I only sit on my stand when my legs get tierd I stand most of the time just move real slow when going from one position to another
Old 10-09-2006, 07:07 PM

Get a foot rail to add to the base of your stand. You'll be amazed at how much relief you'll get from just being able to lift your feet up a bit and relax your lower back.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: statjunk

Stand up! I stand about every hour or so. Just move slowly and once standing keep still.

Tom

I can't sit/stand still so I wear effective camouflage. I'm constantly glassing.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

about the only thing is to change positions like the others said. i have yet to sit more then 4hrs in my summit viper but those 4hr sits dont bother me at all. ill occassionally stand up. and the first hour of the day ill stand ready..and last hour "the golden hour" ill stand ready. but i never was uncomfortable yet. i like to keep my top seat portion kinda high so all my weights not being forced on my feet and legs and back. then if that gets a little uncomfy ill lower the top half a bit. just changing the position slightly..it helps. sitting on the ground i could never sit still long. that was always a killer..dont miss sitting on the cold wet uncomfortable ground!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

I usually just slowly stand up a bit when my butt gets numb or my lower back gets to hurting. Actually just this evening I had to stand up after being on stand for about 2 hours. My lower back was just killing me!!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:39 PM

It sounds obvious, but you have to start with a comfortable treestand. If you are sitting on a plywood seat.......yer never gonna make it. Summit Viper....incredibly comfortable. I sleep VERY well in it....[8D]

Then, as the others have said, stand up from time to time. Keeps the blood moving, you mind busy, and alert.

Quick Reply: my butt gets numb!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.