Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just got flamed by an anti!

Old 10-08-2006, 07:10 PM

Default RE: Just got flamed by an anti!

Yah, kiddo, she/he isn't worth the time. Like was already said, unfotunately, just as much as there are children raised on wild game and the lifestyles that surround aquiring that wild game, there are those who are raised with the notion that hunting is just a sport, a bloodsport.

I was raised to not like hunting. In fact, I hated hunting season, every time I saw a truck in the field I was cussing under my breath. It takes just the right person with whom you connect with on some level to educate someone. My husband was the person for me... I didn't like the fact he hunted when I met him, I thought it was all about the killing, but after he explained his side and introduced me to his side of things, I learned by observation AND experience that it was far more than just "killing" an innocent animal. In fact, one simple point made to me was enough for me to see the light... and that was the fact that the cows I was eating were raised and hand fed by people they loved from birth, only to be pumped full of unatural chemicals throughout their entire lives, ending with a ruthless blow to the skull from a sledgehammer. Humane? not exactly.

It all comes down to uneducated people. I guess you can't fault someone for what they've been taught... but most people should realize that speaking to anyone in that manner isn't going to accomplish anything other than animosity.

Don't worry about her... you keep doing what you're doin' and you are going to go a long way.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lately when I am confronted by an anti....I give them my best Ted Nugent account....."yeah it was a great shot right through the pump station....one of my best kills. Can't wait to sink my chops in those magnificent tenderloins". They don't know what to do next.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I'm sure the anti flagged your video, so you have to verify. You can do that to anyone's video by flagging it.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

I'm a bit synical when it comes to the antis. As piebald said....what about leather clothing and eating steak? I think most of them are hippocrites and quite frankly would like to see what they have to say when a deer comes over their fancy little car hood and into their windshield. It would also be interesting what they would have to say if one of their kids was dragged off by a mountain lion, wolves or whatever other predator...not likely to happen, but IF it did...what would they say then?? I ignore their ignorant comments because we as hunters KNOW that what we do is necessary....without hunting the animals would suffer a FAR worse death than anything we could ever do.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:37 PM

I will discuss the issues with any civil person. In my book anyone who stoops to name calling and/or profanity has lost the debate.

I carried on a conversation with a very polite anti for nearly a month once. His arguements were well thought out and researched. Unfortunately, it was a classic case of one sided prejudiced research. He even threw out a paper I provided him from the university of Wyoming because the professor was an angler (therefore his published research must be wrong).

Eventually he broke off the debate because he said it was obvious neither was going to change our minds and he needed to move on.

There is no one so blind as one who will not see.

I'm proud of you PBD. Stick to your guns. In the future though, take the highest road, use published research and real numbers and facts to back up your position. When they stoop to profanity and names you win. It's a poor debator who is out of data and out of ideas and has no better way to express themselves than to scream more loudly and stomp their feet.