Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wont eat game

Old 10-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default wont eat game

how many have loved ones that wont eat game?

it always seemed funny to me when someone says "you eat that"
i always think to myself they dont know what they are missing.

usually its the woman that wont eat game....but does anyone know a man that wont eat game?
Old 10-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: wont eat game

My gorgeous bride doesn't eat it but I don't hold that against her, I take care of me when it comes to venison.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I used to know a farther and son that used to love to hunt but, wouldn't eat them. They used to hang them up to talk about them and that was about it. A few weeks later we would see them on the town dump. That used to burn us up bad. we tried to tell them if you can't eat them give the meat to the older folks in town that can no longer hunt. That was about thirty years ago, and we did give them a hard time about being such a waste. IMO they shouldn't have been hunting for them.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:11 PM

If I have plenty of meat I donate mine to Hunters Against Hunger. I would suggest that to anyone who doesn't like to eat it. Please don't kill a deer to just waste the meat.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

YEA.... i eat as much as i can fit in the freezer...which isnt much because i love fish as well....i need to get more freezer but i dont have the room for one so i give away what i cant keep.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife won't even try it.

The daughter and son love jerky.

The boy will eat anythingI eat but the girl is a little picky but will taste it.

Old 10-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

I prefer venison over other meats. For one, I know how it was handled when it was being processed because we do that all ourselves.
My girlfriend cooks it for me and she tries a little everytime, she says she likes it. But never eats it, she told me the duck i cooked the other day tasted just like roast beef...she doesn't mind it, just doesnt eat much of it.
I remember when we were younger my sisters would always ask, is this deer meat? if it was, they wouldn't touch it, but now they all like it. Kind of funny.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

buck slayer

beef and pork processing plants have very strict quality control/regulations these days...especialy since mad cow and all these other bacterias that are killing people.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a step daughter and her family , husband and two granddaughters that won't eat any type of wild game meat.
I tried to trick them when we have them over for dinner but they know around this time of year never eat what grandpa fixed.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

My wife absolutely loves the venison I bring home, probably because I've got a few regular good recipes that really make her mouth water. My mother doesn't really like venison but I have one recipe that uses cranberries and port wine that she loves....

Quick Reply: wont eat game

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.