Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHOSE BUCK IS IT??

Old 10-09-2006, 05:52 AM

Default RE: WHOSE BUCK IS IT??

I have seen videos of several people that are very proficient at taking running shots with a bow(the Wensel brothers anyone?)--I am not one of those however. I do take them with a rifle, and I shoot a lot of skeet, which is , apparently practice enough--I haven't had a miss yet . Drop 'em in their tracks. With a bow, I have let several get by when running, but I don't hesitate when they are simply walking--given the shot is clear and the right angle. Forget that goofy--eeehh, fake 'grunt' you hear on the videos--take the shot if he is walking and you know you can make the shot.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:03 AM
Dominant Buck

The kill shot gets it .
Old 10-09-2006, 06:13 AM

[] Running deer BAD!!!! but he who took the shot in the neck is the one who takes the deer here in NH who ever made the kill shot is the one who gets the deer ...F & G tells ya that also....

Sugestion tell your friends shooting at running deer gives power to the ANTI_HUNTER not such a smart thing we're supose to make a Quick Clean Kill shot !!![&o]
Old 10-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

We always had the rule of 1st blood on a fatal shot since not many Deer fall in their tracks. Poor choice of running Deer shots.
Usually in groups like this most are some sort of friends so they can decide in a civil manner. If I shot a Deer in the leg & someone else put one in a vital area, I would have a hard time claiming it. In most cases this is rare.
Good Luck to all this season.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

I would say the guy who killed it should claim it. He got the final blow and it was a kill shot. It probably wouldn't of died right away if it wasn't for the second guy.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:04 PM

This is the type of post tht shopuld never be on here - fuel for the anti-hunters is all this is. No person should shoot at a running deer - especially with a bow on a deer drive.

Shame on both of them....
Old 10-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would say both guys run a gaunlet of archers and the one that comes through unscathed gets the deer. shame on all involed in the archery deer drive