Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHOSE BUCK IS IT??

Old 10-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: WHOSE BUCK IS IT??

I think they should donate the deer meat, take the whole groups hunting privaleges away for a year. Make these guys the posters boys on "What not to do"!!

And What Rob said!

Just so you guys know, 2 years ago on Nov 14th I had 150 class 8 point walking by me at 5 yds, and I would not take the shot!! Last chance at the brute. The bow was back and pinon target, I just was not sure. My rule, if I have to think about it, I do not take the shot!!

I am glad the deer was killed, but please use better judgement next time, or get some new friends.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

First, I don't agree with shooting a deer on the run with a bow or firearm for that matter. However, The guy who killed it with the neck shot should claim the deer.
ditto !!!
Old 10-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

first id go shopping for new hunting buddys. then..id say second guy should tag it..claim it whatever. he killed it. i find it hard to believe that the first moron would ever find it.

first blood my foot...thats a good law to go by...but when someone shoots the tail off a BRUISER and it walks under your stand an hour later and they see you dragging it out youd be giving it up?? get real. over my dead body..sad thing is i think our game commision goes by first blood[&:] to me you gota have an open mind. sure someone 50yds down the ridge double lungs a deer and it runs to my spot and stops and i shoot it and had no idea and he could prove he shot it..its going home with him..even though i anchored it.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I practice this shot all the time. I guess I'm a poor shot, my dog is still alive.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:32 PM

LOL at Fieldmouse

My opinion would be killing shot should take the deer, and I agree with most of the folksfirst should not have shot to begin with, second only shot if he saw that the animal was wounded and trying to take it down to stop its suffering. Bad JooJoo there my friend.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

killing shot
Old 10-08-2006, 09:55 PM

agree
ORIGINAL: ARKANSAS

I would say the guy that hit it in the neck should claim it................but they should both stop shooting at running deer!
Old 10-09-2006, 01:36 AM
Fork Horn

DITTO
ORIGINAL: goherd1111

First, I don't agree with shooting a deer on the run with a bow or firearm for that matter. However, The guy who killed it with the neck shot should claim the deer.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

we were putting on a deer drive during archery season
I had to read that 3 or 4 times to make sure it said what I thought.[:-]

and i think you need to watch your choice of words... because i guarantee you when you get in that zone and a deer of that stature runs by you.. you wont just let it run by
I guarantee you I would be sitting there watching it run right by. Call me crazy but I don't get too much practice time in on running deer shots. I'll pass thanks.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:38 AM
Dominant Buck

NY... I think they practice on car tires as they drive by on the interstate.[8D][&:]

Quick Reply: WHOSE BUCK IS IT??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.