Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHOSE BUCK IS IT??

Old 10-08-2006, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WHOSE BUCK IS IT??

The fellow who shot it in the neck

UNLESS
The arrow hit the femoral artery or there was a decent amount of tracking snow.

Dan
Old 10-08-2006, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

[&:][&:][&:]
Old 10-08-2006, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I was hunting with a friend and I killed the deer after he stuck it I would offer it to him. If it was a stranger, and a good buck, I would offer him half the venison but I would claim the rack. I value friendship over ANY deer. As far as running shots, I agree they should not be taken. After the deer is wounded I would take any shot that I could to put it down and end its suffering.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

[&:][&:][&:]
I agree, I absolutey am disgusted that both guys took running shot at whitetails with a bow, how unethical can you get. Secondly, neither one deserve the animal but between these two slobs, the second slob is the luckier one.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:09 AM

LOL @ Rob

What Rob said...
Old 10-08-2006, 07:47 AM
Spike

Setting aside the "who's is it" debate for a second, the fact that people are intentionally making drives and shooting at running deer with a bow SICKENS me. That is completely irresponsible and an embarrassment to the rest of us. I can understand someone trying it with a high-powered rifleand scope. Doing it with a bow and having a high percentage possibility of merely wounding the animal is a disgrace to the sport. I believe in respecting the life of your prey and hunting responsibly. Hopefully this situation becomes a learning experience for you and your friends.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:50 AM

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

First, I don't agree with shooting a deer on the run with a bow or firearm for that matter. However, The guy who killed it with the neck shot should claim the deer.
i concer
Old 10-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I absolutey am disgusted that both guys took running shot at whitetails with a bow, how unethical can you get. Secondly, neither one deserve the animal but between these two slobs, the second slob is the luckier one.
I agree with Rob

They both should be taken behind the wood shed and taught some ethics when it comes tobow hunting.

Donate the meat to a charity and destroy the rack as neither of them deserve it.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

Setting aside the "who's is it" debate for a second, the fact that people are intentionally making drives and shooting at running deer with a bow SICKENS me. That is completely irresponsible and an embarrassment to the rest of us.

I couldn't agree more. I find it challenging enough to get a really nice shot on a feeding deer or one that is walking slowly, but to shoot at one on a full run is immensely irresponsible. Had that deer not run by the second hunter who "luckily" got a kill shot, what would the outcome have been?? A deer walking around for a month in excruciating pain and half an arrow sticking out of its thigh? Dying a slow, agonizing death due to a gangrene infection?? I've never even heard of doing a drive while bowhunting with two people, let alone more!! Deer drives "typically" result in fast moving deer. DUH? I'm stunned!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:50 AM

I go by first blood ,that stops the debate on how good or bad the first shot was.No matter where the shot was.I tracked a buck for 2 miles all night for a buddy who said he hit it in the shoulder ,when I finally caught up to it and finshed it off I found it was hit in the foot.I was not happy about that but it goes to show you can wear a deer out if you keep pushing it and stay on its trail ,it was a couple miles.I was told that montana fish &game uses the first blood rule .

Quick Reply: WHOSE BUCK IS IT??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.