Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Would You Do????????

Old 10-07-2006, 07:42 PM

Default What Would You Do????????

Ok guys If you were me and you shot your first buck with a bow, What would you do with it?

Like its not the biggest buck but it is my first and so far deffently the biggest i have ever shot.

It also has 11 points

and for some reason i have been more excited over this deer then any other deerthat i have ever shot, Like i shot it 2 days ago, and im still smileing like crazy over it.

So what would you do?

Do and skull mount

or just spend the money and get a shoulder mount.

Please let me know what yall would do.

Thanks, Mike

Old 10-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What Would You Do????????

That one assuming you'll have more to come, a skull mount would be beautiful, especially if you didn't cape it correctly for a shoulder mount.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice buck! If you can dig up the money then mount it. If not, you could do a skull mount, that would be nice too! Congrats.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Spend the coin, get the shoulder mount done, I mounted my first bow kill a six point with a 10" spread, its a small buck, but it means a lot knowing the effort put in.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mount it!

To me, the mount is more to represent the memory of the animal and the hunt.

Some guys like skull mounts. I don't. I think the skull represents death while a shoulder mount brings it back to life. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, get it mounted.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great deer! Congrats! What are the chances you will get a bigger one? How much room do you have on your walls? How much can you afford? These are all considerations. I have two shoulder mounts and I don't plan to mount another deer unless I get something REALLY big. That's just me. Consider all the factors and do what you want. You will always have the memories whether you have him mounted or not. At a minimum I would definately have a skull mount done.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:22 PM

well thats kinda what i was hopein yall would say, I do think some day i will get one bigger but this one really means alot to me and i sorta think a skull mount would be a waste.
So i think i will get it done right.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would have it mounted, no questions asked. That is one nice buck if you ask me.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

If you can afford it, I'd get it mounted. i got my first deer (buck) mounted, and its only a 6 ptr. Its the memory that counts
Old 10-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the guys above. I'd get a shoulder mount done. This is one thing I regret not doing. My first buck ever was a nice basket rack 6 point. But back then I was so young I never thought to get it mounted and to this day that is my most memorable buck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.